Finding the best foundation for oily skin can be difficult. On one hand, you need a mattifying finish with oil-control properties, and on the other you don’t want your skin to become dry and your makeup cakey throughout the day. We have selected our edit of 10 of the best foundations for oily skin, which we have tried and tested and can confirm are the best face bases if you suffer from a little excess shine.
What makeup essentials do I need for oily skin?
- A mattifying primer – Primer helps to keep your makeup in place and control oil production. Try the NYX Professional Makeup Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer, which helps to minimise shine for a mattified finish,
- An oil-free foundation (see below).
- Powder to set makeup – This helps to keep foundation in place for longer. Try Illamasqua’s Loose Powder, which helps to absorb excess oil for a shine-free finish.
- Setting spray – This acts as a final barrier against potential shine. It doesn’t get better than Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray.
- Blotting papers – These are great to use throughout the day if your skin becomes a little too shiny. Try the NYX Professional Makeup Matte Blotting Papers, which help to absorb excess oil without disrupting your foundation.