Oily skin can be difficult to get under control at the best of times, but couple that with warmer weather and sunscreen in the summer, and it can be a real recipe for disaster. With the right products and techniques, you can easily keep oily skin at bay and mattify your complexion without needing to reach for blotting papers throughout the day. We have rounded up our edit of the best products for oily skin so you can be shine-free throughout summer.
Do I have oily skin?
There are some key traits which you can look out for to test if you have oily skin, which include:
- Feeling greasy and looking shiny. If you have to use blotting papers throughout the day, chances are your skin is producing too much oil.
- Large pores which become blocked. Do you have lots of blackheads or whiteheads? If so, you have an oily skin type.
- Acneic or blemishes are present in oil zones such as the nose, chin and forehead.
- Feels clean and shine-free only after a morning and evening cleanse.
- Moisturiser makes your skin feel greasy and look shiny.
Which are the best products for oily skin?
When it comes to battling excess shine and sebum, you need to know you can trust in the best products for oily skin possible. We have selected our edit of the oil-battling beauty treatments that will leave you with a mattified complexion and shine-free skin.
The micellar cleanser
A gentle micellar cleanser is sometimes all oily skin needs to regulate its sebum levels, especially if you have also some sensitivity. ESPA’s Purifying Micellar Cleanser contains witch hazel to purify while rose water soothes and hyaluronic acid hydrates without making the skin feel greasy.