Retinol serums and retinol products are quite easily the most useful products in your skincare routine. From helping to smooth out the skin, to reducing acne and improving the appearance of pigmentation, they’re the products all facialists can agree work.
Shani Darden is one the leading celebrity facialists in L.A, and handles the complexions of a bevvy of beauties including Jessica Alba and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. She believes that retinol is the ingredient everyone should be using, and attributes it to the glowing skin of all her supermodel clients.
I personally think everyone should be on retinol if they can handle it. It can totally turn your skin around – Shani Darden, The Cut
If you’re not familiar with retinol, you might also have heard of Vitamin A, which is what predominantly makes up retinol. To read more about why you should include it in your skincare routine, take a look at our “Why is Vitamin A essential for the skin?” post.
The best retinol serums and retinol products
- Paulas’c Choice CLINICAL 1% Retinol Treatment
- Pestle & Mortar Superstar Night Oil
- Eve Lom Time Retreat Eye Treatment
- Zelens Power A Treatment Drops
- Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Exfoliating Booster
- Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Overnight Serum
- Dermalogica Age Smart Multivitamin Thermofoliant
- REN Retinoid Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate Oil
- ESPA TriActive Advanced Night Booster
- Murad Environmental City Shield