If you are throwing a party at home this September to celebrate with us, then you don’t have to go out and spend a lot of money on drinks for your guests. Instead, buy some fresh ingredients and make your own gorgeous Cocktails and Mocktails. They’re fresher, healthier and tastier than coming out of a bottle.
The Best At-Home Cocktails and Mocktails
Make these gorgeously fresh and fruity drinks to impress your guests and your Instagram feed…
Elderflower and Thyme Fizz
Ingredients: 2bsp Fresh Lime Juice, 2tbsp Caster Sugar, 6tbsp Elderflower Cordial, 6 sprigs Thyme, Juice 1 Lemon, Ice Cubes, a bottle of Prosecco.
- Put the lime juice, sugar, lemon juice, elderflower cordial and ice cubes into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously till everything is blended well.
- Strain into glasses to ensure the liquid is smooth.
- Top the glasses up with Prosecco and add thyme for an extra twist.
Orange Blossom and Watermelon Bellini
Ingredients: 100ml Blood Orange Juice, 100ml Watermelon Juice, a bottle of Prosecco, 1tbsp Orange Blossom Water, 1tbsp Peach Syrup, Watermelon to garnish.
- In a jug, mix together the orange blossom water, blood orange juice, watermelon juice, and peach syrup.
- Strain the mixture with a sieve to ensure it is super smooth.
- Divide this mixture between 8 Bellini glasses evenly.
- Top with Prosecco and enjoy.
Strawberry Iced Tea
Ingredients: 400g fresh Strawberries, 950ml freshly-brewed Tea (cooled), 50g Caster Sugar, 60ml Elderflower Cordial, 50ml Lemon Juice, 1 Lime (sliced), Ice.
- Set a handful of strawberries aside to reserve for garnishing later.
- Blend the remaining strawberries in a food processor until you have a smooth consistency.
- Using a sieve, strain the berry mixture so that you have a smooth liquid without seeds.
- Mix together the strained berries, elderflower cordial, lemon juice and sugar until the sugar has been fully dissolved.
- Serve in a tall jug with lots of ice, the remaining strawberries and wedges of lime.
Raspberry and Lime Mixer
Ingredients: 20 Raspberries, 1 Lime (cut into slices), 60ml Elderflower Cordial, 60ml Fresh Lemon Juice, 120ml Sparkling Water.
- Put the raspberries and elderflower cordial into a cocktail shaker. Make sure you push them to the bottom of the shaker.
- Add the lemon juice and then shake with ice for about 10 minutes. Do this vigorously to break up the raspberries slightly.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve, and serve in a tall glass with ice and the lime slices. Top with the sparkling water and enjoy.