GUEST POST: Autumn/Winter Hair Trends
Award winning Hair Stylist and Creative Director behind the exclusive Electric brand, Mark Woolley, gives lookfantastic.com the scoop on Autumn/Winter 2012 hair trends.
Autumn is an absolute favourite for hairdressers with clients looking for colour changes, daring cuts, glamorous blow-dries, flashes of warm hues and slices of fiery panels added to their dos. These are the three key looks that will give you the edge on next season before the clothes hit the shop.
LANA DEL REY BARBARELLA BLOW-DRY
- Begin with freshly cleansed hair, spray roots with a healthy dose of root-lift volumiser.
- Turn your head upside down and blow-dry, gently pulling the roots to get volume and the feeling of air into the hair.
- Smooth the hair out using a Electric Head Hugger – Medium to achieve a soft wave and add definition to the ends of the hair.
- Take a triangle section with the widest point at the forehead and the narrow at the crown, elevate and back comb to the desired height and use a soft brush to smooth into shape and position.
Victoria Beckham, Lanvin and Elie Saab all sent their girls down the runway with luscious long, straight hair. We are not talking the poker straight achieved by heating irons but healthy, shiny, strong and feminine.
This look is achieved with a great foundation;
- Cleanse with a professional shampoo and conditioner, nourish mid-lengths and ends with a mask every 2 weeks to ensure the hair is healthy from within.
- Blow-dry your hair with a paddle brush such as the Electric Large Paddle Brush
- To add a touch of shine finish with Electric Serum and let hair hang loose.
With masculine tailoring taking over the catwalks, we saw three-piece suits, brougues at Donna Karan, Giorgio Armani, Hermes and Jean Paul Gaultier. Hair had a toughness to it and it was worn preened with a sexy and serious look.
This style suits all, highlights cheekbones and is great for a bad hair day. It can take you from boardroom to bar.
- Keep hair clean, but if you have to, it does work on day-old hair.
- Select your choice of parting and wear it sleek and simple.
- Finish with a smoothing serum to hold fly-aways, add a glistening of shine spray and you are good to go.
Latest posts by -guest blogger- (see all)
- Beauty Secrets : The Iluminage Pillow - 24/08/2015
- #FaceMaskFriday – Peter Thomas Roth Mud Mask - 10/07/2015
- NEW IN : Philip Kingsley Geranium & Neroli Elasticizer - 03/07/2015