To celebrate the Lookfantastic Beauty Box turning two, we had to share our favourite easy chocolate cake recipe with you all! It's gorgeously lightweight, beautiful in texture and tastes incredibly indulgent. It's everything you would want in a birthday cake!
The sponge itself is chocolate, while in the middle, delicately whipped cream balances out the deep cocoa taste. To top it off, make sure you use fresh and seasonal berries to add an extra touch of sweetness, we can't wait to delve in!
The recipe itself is inspired by BBC Good Food.
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
This easy to make chocolate cake will leave you and your guests wanting more thanks to its gorgeous texture and taste.
You will need 1 x 20cm Springform Cake Tins
- 175grams - Unsalted Butter
- 150grams - Golden Caster Sugar
- 100grams - Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 75grams - Self Raising Flour
- 75grams - Cocoa
- 50grams - Melted Milk Chocolate
- 150ml - Sour Cream
- 50grams - Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 200grams - Plain Flour
- 1tsp - Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3large - Eggs
- 500grams - Icing Sugar
- 250grams - Unsalted Butter
- 150grams - Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 50grams - Melted White Chocolate
- 50grams - Berries
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree (fan oven).
- Grease your baking tin with a little butter and line it with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and the sugars together until you get a smooth and even consistency.
- Beat the eggs in, one at a time until they are fully incorporated into the mixture.
- In 2 separate bowls, mix together the cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, plain and self-raising flours, and the soured cream and cream cheese. Add half of each mixture into the egg and butter mixture, alternating each one.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Leave the cake to fully cool once it comes out of the oven. This will give you time to make the icing!
- Now it’s time to make the icing. The last 5 ingredients on this recipe are for the icing mixture. Beat the 250g of butter until you get a very pale consistency. Add in the icing sugar and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in the cream cheese and melted white chocolate and mix until fully combined. If you feel like the icing is too runny, then you can always add a little more icing sugar!
- Split the cake into 3 even cakes once they have fully cooled. Spread the icing on the bottom, middle and top layers evenly and then decorate with the fresh berries.
- Enjoy straight away!