Good morning, Lookfantastic ladies! So, this weekend is PAYDAY weekend for the majority of us – and we all know what that means – a night out on the town, of course! We’ve gone and done a bit of groundwork to give you a kick start with your look for tonight & tomorrow, by taking hairstyling inspo’ from these gorgeous SHOW Beauty looks, enjoy!
SHOW hair products have been on our haircare favourite list for a while now here at Lookfantastic HQ. With their incredibly elegant and glamorous exterior and smell, the brand’s slogan of ‘Fabulously Decadant Haircare’ is obvious from the moment you set your eyes on these beautiful bottles.
Aside from the luxurious packaging that looks as though it should be sat on a celebrity’s shelf on MTV’s ‘Cribs’, the products themselves create just as elegant looking hairstyles. For a bit of inspiration, we’ve put together a couple of style ideas you can recreate just in time for the weekend.
Bouncy Loose Waves
This glamorous yet tousled look is the perfect head-turner. Sophisticated with an effortless feel to it, it is a great go-to style for any occasion.
To start you will need:
– SHOW Beauty Sheer Thermal Protect Spray
– Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream
– SHOW Beauty Lux Volume Mousse
– SHOW Beauty Premiere Working Texture Spray
– Moroccanoil Large Barrel Brush
– ego Professional Awesome Ego Hairdryer
And here’s your step-by-step guide to achieving the look:
– Start by spritzing Sheer Thermal Protect Spray all over clean damp hair. A blend of anti-oxidants in the formula act as a heat barrier, protecting your hair from heat damage when blow-drying.
– Smooth Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream from the roots to the mid-lengths to hold your curly blow in place all day without weighing your hair down.
– Finally before blow-drying, apply the Lux Volume Mousse all over, including the roots. This step is important as it’s the one that is going to give you your va va voom volume for this look!
– Work in sections when blow-drying, starting from the bottom and working your way up to the crown. Dry in medium sized sections to get the perfect wave shape. The trick to a curly blow is to think of it as a heated roller – your heated round brush will form the shape just like this. Brush down the section of hair to the tips then wind the brush to wrap hair around the barrel, adding extra heat when needed to hold the shape. Hold for approx 5 seconds then release.
– When each section is released, spritz with Premiere Working Texture Spray to hold your wonderful waves in place.
– When you have blown your last section, work your fingers through the style to blend the sections and finish by adding more Premiere Working Texture Spray for extra hold.
Low Fi Luxe (Volumised sleek hair)
Straight hair doesn’t have to be boring. For a different take, try out this voluminous, sleek look that gives the traditional straight blow dry a premium makeover.
You will need:
– SHOW Beauty Pure Treatment Oil
– Tigi Catwalk Sleek Mystique Blow Out Balm
– SHOW Beauty Divine Thickening Mist
– SHOW Beauty Premiere Finishing Spray
– Paul Mitchell Express Ion Round Brush – Large
– ghd Air Wonderland Hair Dryer
To achieve this look you will need to:
– Apply a few drops of Pure Treatment Oil to clean damp hair. Its formula penetrates each cuticle adding shine and nourishment.
– Comb through hair and smooth Tigi Catwalk Sleek Mystique Blow Out Balm through the mid-length and ends for flyaway control a smooth finish after blow-drying.
– The last step before drying is to spritz Divine Thickening Mist onto the mid-length and ends for an extra boost of volume that a blow dry could never give.
– Work in sections again for this style, starting from the bottom and working your way up to the crown. Dry in sections that fit the length of the brush, concentrating on the roots first for added lift. When drying the roots, grip upwards with the brush adding heat from the dryer in 1 second intervals, ensuring you don’t burn your scalp.
– Once you have the lift you want at the root continue to dry the section of hair, twirling it round at the ends for a sleek and straight finish with a little rounded shape around the ends.
– Finish with a mist of Premiere Finishing Spray to keep your style sleek and in place all day.