Laura Geller is one of the most coveted US beauty brands that has made it across to our UK shores. With cult products such as the Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator as staples in our makeup bags, we think there is so much more to this brand than meets the eye. Read on below to discover more about what makes Laura Geller so special…
Who is Laura Geller?
Makeup artist Laura Geller started her makeup line in 1997. and since then it has continued to grow and grow, with a cult following in the USA that is spreading to the rest of the world.
Laura herself is all about educating women to enjoy using makeup. This is what has influenced her brand; making products that are easily accessible to all women, no matter if they’re makeup novices or professionals.
She has been involved with some of the biggest makeup trends of the last few decades too; Laura was selling highlight and contour kits in 1998, her range of primers were some of the first on the market and the brand is known for their Italian-made baked makeup with gorgeous pigmentation.
Packaged with gorgeous pink, white and rose gold boxes as well as beautiful compacts and swirled powders, discover this brand with gorgeous textures, colours and formulations.
The Laura Geller Face Range
The face makeup from Laura Geller includes some of her bestselling products, from the Spackle primers to the illuminating Balance n Brighten foundation. Find out all about the shades and what they do:
Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator
These highlighters are enough to make anyone fall in love with sparkle and shine. With their gorgeous swirled shapes and glimmering tones, the highlighters also use Laura Geller’s signature baked technology for gorgeous pigmentation and a silky feel.
How to apply the Laura Geller Baked Highlighter
With a hybrid texture, they feel like a cream but apply like a translucent powder. Either sweep all over the face for a soft-focus finish or build up on the high points of the face for an incredible glow.
Available in 3 shades, we might just want them all…
- Laura Geller Ballerina is a soft rose gold shade, ideal for most skin colours.
- Laura Geller Charming Pink is a pearly pale pink that works beautiful on paler skin tones.
- Laura Geller Gilded Honey is a beautiful metallic caramel that adds a gorgeous subtle warmth to the skin.
Baked Balance n Brighten Color Correcting Foundation
This baked powder foundation is one of Laura Geller’s bestselling products of all time. Lightweight and packed with skin-boosting antioxidant ingredients like White Tea, it uses a combination of pigments that swirl together to do exactly what the name suggests: balance and brighten the skin.
You can use it alone and build up the coverage or apply it as a finishing touch over your favourite base for a flawless look.
The Balance n Brighten is available in 5 different shades to suit a good range of skin tones:
- For pink undertones: Porcelain
- For yellow undertones: Tan and Deep
- For neutral undertones: Fair and Medium
Baked Liquid Radiance Foundation
This is an incredibly innovative foundation that helps to even out the skin tone and give a beautiful luminosity to the skin. Baked pigments are known for giving incredible payoff but are usually in a powder form. This foundation changes that, placing baked pigments into an easy to use liquid formula.
In Italy, the pigments are first covered in Almond Oil and baked, before being combined with nourishing ingredients like Aloe Vera and Vitamin E to form a liquid foundation. Thanks to all this, it gives a full coverage finish that looks natural and radiant, whether you use a brush or your fingers.
The 9 shades cover a good range of colours with different undertones:
- For yellow undertones: Porcelain, Golden Medium, Tan and Deep
- For neutral undertones: Light and Medium
- For pink undertones: Fair, Sand and Deep Honey
Baked Liquid Radiance Cream Concealer
Just like the Baked Liquid Radiance Foundation, this uses Laura Geller’s innovative blend of baked powder pigments and skin-friendly moisturisers to create a rich, creamy and pigmented concealer.
It uses nourishing ingredients like Jojoba Oil and Safflower Seed Oil to make it feel conditioning without ever becoming heavy. Pop a small amount on underneath your eyes and on blemsihes to banish dark circles and breakouts, leaving a velvety smooth, flawless result.
The colour range includes 6 different tones, starting with Porcelain. It is good to note that this Porcelain is deeper and more yellow toned than the original Balance n Brighten, working best for fair skin rather than very fair.
- For yellow undertones: Porcelain, Medium, Tan,and Deep
- For pink undertones: Light and Sand
The Laura Geller Primers are one of her holy grail products. With a version for pretty much every skin need or finish, these combine hydrating and calming ingredients with smoothing powers for makeup that lasts all day long.
The Laura Geller Primers all feel silky smooth on the skin, with a lightweight formula that doesn’t feel sticky or greasy. The different types all have slightly different properties that are designed to target a specific need. You can decide which one your skin will work best with or try a few for different occasions.
- Original. This helps give a flawlessly smooth finish to the skin and is a firm favourite among many Laura Geller fans. It also contains Aloe Vera Gel and White tea to help protect the skin.
- SPF 30. We love a 2 in 1 product and the broad spectrum SPF in this helps protect your skin whilst the toning Witch Hazel and antioxidant Ginko Biloba gives your skin a bright and youthful finish.
- Soothing. Perfect for sensitive skin, it contains both botanical ingredients to calm irritation and green pigments to counteract any redness before applying your makeup.
- Hydrating. Enriched with Cupuaçu Seed Butter, a powerful moisturiser packed with fatty acids, it leaves skin plump, soft and comfortable. It makes sure makeup looks perfect even on the driest of skin types.
- Even Tone. With a pink-peach tone, it helps to instantly give your skin a radiant finish, brightening and evening out your complexion. Perfect for brightening up any pigmentation and making your makeup go on smoothly.
- Ethereal. With its soft rose gold tones, this gives your skin an inner glow. With Licorice Root Extract and crushed pearl, it works both for an instant luminosity as well as fighting against hyperpigmentation over time.
- Mattifying. With Silica and Talc, this helps to control oil and keep your skin looking velvety soft all day long. Just sweep over the face and say au revoir to shine!
- Supercharged. This version has all the benefits of the original Spackle primer, with added anti-ageing powers. A powerful cocktail of Wine Extracts and Beetroot, as well as minerals, vitamins and phospholipids, helps to boost elasticity and protect the skin, ideal for more mature skins.
- Champagne. This is a tinted primer that adds a soft golden tone with a touch of shimmer. It is perfect for giving that slightly dewy, radiant look at the same time as keeping makeup on for longer.
Laura Geller have so many beautiful products and this is only a snapshot, so make sure you check out the full range to find your new favourites.