These Terms and Conditions apply to the “Visa Checkout and lookfantastic.com promotion” (“Promotion”). Purchase necessary. UK residents only.
PRIZE MUST BE CLAIMED WITHIN 7 DAYS OR IT WILL BE FORFEITED.
WINNERS HAVE UNTIL 19th MARCH 2019 TO TAKE THE TRIP.
1. By entering this Promotion on lookfantastic.com (“Website”), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein and the competition terms in our general website terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). If you do not agree to be bound you will not be eligible and will be disqualified.
2. The Promotion is open to legal residents in the United Kingdom excluding Northern Ireland (“UK”) who are 18 years or over.
3. You are not permitted to enter if you are an employee or an immediate family member (parent, spouse, partner, children, sibling, grandparent or grandchild) or agent of the Promoter or Visa.
4. The Promotion starts at 08:00 am on 1 February 2018 (the “Start Date”) and ends at 23:59 pm on 19 March 2018 (the “Closing Date”) (the “Promotion Period”). You can enter at any time between the Promotion Period.
5. Entrants must have registered for a Visa Checkout account at the time of entry (a “Visa Checkout Account”).
6. To enter the Promotion, entrants must purchase an item from the Website using their Visa Checkout Account during the Promotion Period and complete the entry method detailed below in Clause 10.
7. For a valid Visa Checkout payment to be made, an entrant must enrol in Visa Checkout and use Visa Checkout to make the payment for any product via the Website during the Promotion Period (“Visa Checkout Payment”). Each Visa Checkout Payment may only be used once in respect of entry to this Promotion.
8. There is no limit to the number of times an entrant can enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period, but each entry must have a separate Visa Checkout Payment on the Website.
9. All entries must be made by the person entering the Promotion. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this Promotion. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified and any Prize won will be null and void. In the event that the Promotion is subject to any form of multiple entry activity or other abuse, either as described above or by way of other mechanisms, the Promoter reserves the right to include additional fields on the entry page of the Promotion’s website. Such added fields will only require entrants to provide verification information that they are obliged to retain under these Terms & Conditions to claim any Prize.
10. Entry Method(s):
a) For the First Entry: After a Visa Checkout Payment has been made by an entrant on the Website they will receive a “Thank you” email from lookfantastic.com. The email will contain a link to the Promotion landing page (“Landing Page”). The Entrant should use this link to be directed to the Landing Page. Once directed to the Landing Page the entrant should provide the following information:
- Email address; and
- Confirmation that the entrant has accepted these Terms and Conditions
Once the entrant has submitted these details this will constitute an entry into this Promotion.
b) For Subsequent Entries: Once the entrant has opted in into the Promotion by filling their details into the Landing Page as detailed above, any subsequent Visa Checkout Purchases by that entrant will automatically constitute an entry to the Promotion.
For the avoidance of doubt, a Visa Checkout Payment will only constitute an entry into the Promotion after the entrant has opted into the Promotion by filling in the relevant details on the Landing Page. Timing of eligible entries will be based upon the time of receipt by the Promoter.
For Prize fulfilment purposes, the Promoter will communicate with entrants via the email address (and where necessary, the telephone number) used to enter the Promotion.
11. There will be one winner and the prize for the winner will be as follows (the “Prize”):
- a 5 night trip to New York for two people
- 5* hotel
- Flights from London to New York
- Private NY Airport Transfer
- Daily Breakfast
- Haircut, Blow dry, and styling at a leading NY salon
- Manicure and Pedicure at a leading New York Salon
- Private boat tour of the statue of liberty and Ellis island, including priority boarding and all associated ticket fees
- Premier tickets to empire state building and guided tour
- Helicopter experience over New York city
- Horse drawn carriage experience through Central Park
- Three course dinner at leading NY restaurant $300 dollars towards it
- Cocktails at Manhattan roof top bar
- £500 spending money
- Travel Insurance
12. The following are not included in the Prize and winner will be responsible for:
a) Local transfers in the UK to and from departure airport.
b) Providing valid passports or visas. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months from the
date of travel and have at least 3 blank pages.
c) Ensuring that visa requirements are met, organised or paid for.
d) Ensuring that health (including immunizations if required) and travel requirements are met
e) Travel or medical insurance.
f) Hotel incidentals (e.g. phone, minibar, laundry etc)
g) Any applicable taxes.
13. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter and the Prize cannot be redeemed for cash, cash alternative or any other form of compensation.
14.The Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. The Promotor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with one of the same or greater value.
D. PRIZE DRAW SCHEDULE
15. The Prize will be awarded at the end of the Promotion Period.
16. One winner will be drawn at random from the pool of valid entries to the Promotion on 20th March 2018 (“Draw Date”) using a secure, independently verified computer‐based programme under independent supervision (the “Draw”) on the Draw Date.
17. The winner will be notified of their success (which is subject to verification) by email (“Notification Email”) within 48 hours of the relevant Draw Date. The winner may also be contacted by the phone number it submitted on the Website.
E. PRIZE CLAIM
18. The winner must claim their Prize by responding to the Notification Email within 7 days of it being sent by the Promoter.
19. The winner will be required to complete an online claim form.
20. Incomplete entries, those entries that cannot be substantiated or those that are not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are invalid and will be disqualified from the Promotion.
21. If a winner has not contacted the Promoter within 7 days of the Notification Email, the Promoter may make further reasonable attempts to contact the winner. If the winner does not respond to the Notification Email and/or the Promoter is unsuccessful in contacting the winner, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to a different valid entry. Any substitute winner will be selected and notified using the procedure detailed in clause 17.
22. The Prize will be awarded (subject to verification and these Terms and Conditions) to the person who validly enters this Promotion under these Terms and Conditions, receives the Notification Email, accepts the Prize, and completes and returns an online claim form. No other individual is eligible to claim the Prize nor can the Prize be transferred to a third party.
F. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
23. So far as is permitted by law Visa, the Promoter and/or its associated companies and agents, exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion
b) any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, the Prize which does not reach the intended recipient), cancellation of, or use of the Prize
c) any act or default by a winner (including, without limitation, missed flights and transfers, which results in the winner being unable to activate the Prize and/ or any elements of it)
24. Neither the Promoter nor Visa shall be held liable for any fraud committed by any third party, the performance of any contractual or other obligations of any third parties associated with the Prize nor for any events beyond its control.
25. Nothing in these Terms in any way limit the Promoter or Visa’s (or any other person or organisation’s) liability for (i) fraud, or (ii) death or personal injury caused by its own negligence.
26. Entrants to the Promotion hereby represent and warrant that each entry they submit to the Promotion complies with these Terms and Conditions, and (a) does not include trademarks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties without permission from the owner (including, but not limited to, company names, music, photographs, motion picture or television programme clips or audio tracks, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media); (b) is not subject to any third party agreements, and neither the Promotor nor Visa shall be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use (as set out in these Terms) or the exploitation of the idea or video or rights therein; (c) does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promotor and/or Visa, or any other individuals and/or entities, the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promotor; (d) does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful or content
of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content, the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promotor; (e) does not include threats of any kind or that intimidate, harass, or bully anyone, or invade the privacy of any person, the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promotor; (f) does not violate any applicable laws or include any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence; (g) does not feature, refer to, or mention any brands competing with Visa; and (h) does not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any of Visa's hardware or software systems. The Promotor and/or Visa reserve the right to reject/disqualify any entries that fail to comply with this clause.
27. The entrants’ card issuer’s and any merchant’s standard terms, conditions, fees and charges will apply to the use of Visa Checkout Account during the Promotion Period. The Promoter is not responsible for any of these terms, conditions, fees or charges.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this Promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on entrants.
29. In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control, and where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions prior to the Closing Date.
30. The Promotion, these Terms and Conditions, and any matter arising out of or in connection with them are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of these courts.
31. The promoter of this Promotion is The Hut.com Limited (company number 05016010) whose registered address is Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Gadbrook Way, Northwich, CW9 7RA (the “Promoter”). (Entries should not be sent to this address).
© Copyright The Hut.com Limited. All rights reserved.