The winter months can bring on one very sore and unsightly problem: a flaky and itchy scalp. Cold weather, coupled with non-tailored treatments can leave scalps red and painful, while hair looks like it’s been through a snow-storm with dandruff.
Making sure to address the problem with a targeted solution rather than heaps of rich hair masks will ensure your locks and scalp stay healthy and pain-free, without any grease-ball finishes in sight.
The Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Shampoo has been specially formulated to relieve sore scalps and hair, and was the Winner of the InStyle Best Beauty Buys in 2017 for “Best shampoo for dandruff” and “Best scalp treatment range.” Awards well deserved when you understand the technology and expertise that goes into creating the formulation.
What causes flaky scalps?
There are many things that can cause dry, itchy and flaky scalps. Hormones, weather changes and diet are all linked to dandruff and sore skin, so looking to address these will help in contributing to a healthier and happier scalp.
- Hormones are hard to control, but if you feel you have an imbalance, go and see your GP for further advice.
- Weather changes can wreak havoc on your hair and scalp, so adjust your routine to include more hydrating products, and wear a hat when it gets cold outside.
- Diet is also another important factor, so swap out those chocolate oranges for vitamin-c rich oranges, and you will see huge improvements in hair health.
Why use the Philip Kingsley Flaky-Itchy Scalp Shampoo?
The lightweight treatment targets flaky scalps at their core, for a beautiful head of hair that lasts throughout the year.
Its gentle formulation is suitable for both every day use, and anyone who has colour treated hair. It contains 2 key hero ingredients which help to target flaky scalps at their source and relieve any secondary problems from occurring, such as dandruff.
- Piroctone Olamine – this helps to prevent the growth of bacteria from conditions such as Seborrhoeic Dermatitis. It works by relieving itching and flaking, which helps to curb sore and uncomfortable scalps.
- Lauryl Betaine – This gentle cleansing agent helps to wash away dirt, impurities and oil without disrupting the PH balance.
99% of people tested confirmed it relieved their flaky and itchy scalps – Philip Kingsley