The clocks have sprung forwards and so have we, straight in to light evenings spent eating ice cream and relaxing in the park. The time to put our jumpers away is finally upon us and with that comes a whole new spring look, so we teamed up with a couple of our favourite beauty bloggers to perfect different parts of our spring make up routine.
First up it’s the lovely Clare at iliketweet, who shows us exactly how to get the perfect spring, pastel eye shadow.
- Prime your eye lids first to make your pastel colour stand out. I like to use the bareMinerals Prime Time primer, it’s creamy but not too heavy!
- Choose a pale shade to begin (I opted for the Too Faced ‘Frilly Lilly‘), grab your Real Techniques shading brush and sweep across the whole lid.
- Use a pearlescent highlighter such as the beautiful Benefit Eye Bright and apply in the inner and centre of the lid, this will make your eyes appear brighter.
- Pick a darker, pink shade such as the NARS cosmetics eye shadow in ‘Fathom’ and apply to the outer corners of lid and blend into the crease to create a pastel smokey eye effect.
- Wet an eyeliner brush with water and apply a darker pink shade to line the upper and lower lashes. You can also use this to create a subtle flick.
- Apply mascara and you’re done, the perfect spring pastel look!
Will you be trying this beautiful spring look too? Let us know in the comments box below and remember to tag any pictures on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with @lookfantastic!