The Red Carpet is always a great place to spot incredible makeup and beauty ideas from the stars and their celebrity makeup artists. At this year's BAFTAs, we fell in love with the two looks by Lancôme ambassadors Penelope Cruz and Kate Winslet, and we were dying to know how to recreate their gorgeous Make Up looks. Luckily for us, Lancôme let us into the secret and we can now share with you exactly what products were used to get both Cruz and Winslet awards season ready. So dust off your best dress girls, because with these two beautiful looks, you’ll find yourself wanting to go out and celebrate in style!
The Penelope Cruz Makeup Look
The Penelope's beautiful Lancôme look was a blend of golden-brown hues and subtle nude tones for a look of understated beauty.
- Begin by applying Advanced Génifique Serum to prep the skin and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Apply Teint Miracle Foundation in your chosen colour (Penelope’s is 03); starting from the nose and working your way outwards.
- Fill in your eyebrows and comb them through using Lancôme’s Le Crayon Sourcils (Penelope used 020 Chatain)
- Apply Lancôme’s Hypnôse Star Eyes Shadow Palette in ST1 for gorgeous golden-brown smoky eyes.
- Next, line the eyes using Le Crayon Khol Waterproof Eye Liner in 02 Brown and blend out.
- Apply lashings of Grandiose Black Mascara for the ultimate fluttering lashes.
- Line your lips using Le Contour Pro Lip Liner in 211 Beige Rose, and finish with a sweep of L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick in 250 Beige Mirage.
#LFBEAUTYTIP – We love to apply lipstick with a lip brush to give us a better finish and more intense burst of colour.
The Kate Winslet Makeup Look
Lancôme’s Global Creative Director Lisa Eldridge was responsible for creating Kate Winslet’s gorgeous BAFTA Awards makeup look for 2016. Eldridge combined sensational red lips with delicately highlighted eyes and strong brows for the ultimate glamorous goddess look.
- Start your base with the Teint Idole Ultra 24H (Kate’s is 02) and blend outwards starting at the nose.
- Fill in your eyebrows with Lancôme’s Le Crayon Sourcils (Kate used 030 Brun)
- Set your makeup and achieve a flawless finish with Belle de Teint in your chosen colour (Kate’s is 04 Belle de Miel)
- Sweep Blush Subtil in Rose Sable 02 across the apples of your cheeks to give your skin a boost of radiance and colour.
- Using the Hypnôse Star Palette in Mon Smoky DR2, sweep across the eyelids and blend until you achieve the desired effect.
- Then add lashings of mascara using the Grandiose Mascara in Black to achieve gorgeously long lashes.
- For the final (and most important!) touch, sweep a lick of lipstick over your lips for the ultimate screen siren look. Kate used Rouge in Love in 181N Rouge St. Honore which we absolutely adore!