Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, Olive Oil is a wonderful natural ingredient that adds much needed moisture in to your hair. Known to slow down the diffusion of water from the hair, Olive Oil coats each strand, helping to retain moisture.
What are the benefits of Olive Oil?
- It protects against environmental damage - Olive Oil is rich in Vitamin E which contains antioxidants that protect your hair against environmental damage to keep your locks looking and feeling healthy.
- It repairs split ends - the thick compounds in oils can actually fill the gaps between hair cuticle cells to prevent any aggressive chemicals and ingredients penetrating and drying out the ends of your hair.
- It adds shine - a slick film is formed on top of the hairs as the oil clings to the surface which improves the overall look and feel of your hair, leaving it with a gorgeous, healthy shine.
- It conditions - Olive Oil is able to penetrate deep into the fibres of the hair, diffusing moisture and conditioning the hair to leave it strong and healthy.
- It helps treat dandruff - not only effective in conditioning hair, Olive Oil also helps to moisturise the scalp without adding build up and helping to reduce flaking and itchiness.
How to apply olive oil to your hair
Though it's perfectly safe to apply your kitchen extra virgin to your hair in a small amount, there are now several products available on LOOKFANTASTIC that are infused with this multi-benefit ingredient so that you can achieve the same results without the oily smell. Remember to read the instructions on your chosen product for how long to leave your Olive Oil infused product on for to see the best, glossy results.
Which are the best olive oil haircare products?
We're gathered together our favourite olive oil-infused haircare products to help you achieve luscious, glossy locks, free from dryness and split ends.
Redken All Soft Shampoo
Specifically designed for creating softer strands, the Redken All Soft Shampoo works to intensely hydrate and smooth your hair. The blend of Gold camelina, silk amino acids, Avocado and Olive Oil condition and strengthen the hair, restoring luminosity and shine. The Olive Oil in the formula is effective in repairing and replenishing broken strands, helping to bring life back to damaged hair.
L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Liss Unlimited Shampoo
Smooth the appearance of frizzy, dry hair with L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Liss Unlimited Shampoo. Formulated with Oil Incell technology, the shampoo intelligently mimics the hair's lost cermides to nourish the hair and combat any dryness. Rich Olive and Argan Oils are blended to keep your hair smooth, conditioned and luminous from root to tip.
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Deep-Conditioning Treatment
Treat distressed, damaged and unhealthy hair with the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Deep-Conditioning Treatment. A rich and indulgent treatment that helps to restore elasticity and suppleness is extremely damaged hair. The intensive formula is enriched with Olive Oil as well as a cocktail of ultra-nourishing ingredients that deliver hydration into the hair cuticle to improve the quality and behaviour of your hair and creating smooth, supple and silky locks.
Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil
Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil utilises naturally derived ingredients and extracts to transform dull, lack-lustre locks. The exquisite blend of essential oils including Olive, Sunflower and Lemon Balm replenish the moisture levels in your hair to boost its smooth, luminous appearance. Suitable for all hair types and textures, the leave-in formula works continually to leave your locks feeling hydrated and silky soft.
ESPA Nourishing Conditioner
Hydrate, smooth and deeply condition your hair with the ESPA Nourishing Conditioner. Coconut, Olive and Jojoba Oils give the conditioner such a luxurious texture which delivers so much hydration to the hair. Protein-rich Soy, Wheat and Corn Extracts also ensure your hair is protected, keeping it looking and feeling healthy from wash to wash. Strengthened and nourished from the inside out, your hair will be left looking hydrated with a luminous shine.