A flawless base is the perfect foundation for any glamorous, party-ready makeup look.
As makeup products have developed and formulas have improved, a flawless base is now achievable without layering thick, heavy duty products on your skin. Modern formulas have transformed high coverage make up with products that allow you to create a flawless base without them feeling heavy.
The secret to the gorgeous base lies in the right tools and products. The perfect combination can help to create a stunning base which conceals imperfections and lasts all night without looking flat.
We’re going to share with you our step-by-step guide to help you achieve a flawless base. Using these products and tools, you can create a long-lasting, airbrushed complexion that feels incredibly light on the skin.
How to Create a Flawless Base in Winter
- Hydrate – It is often said that great makeup starts with beautiful skin. Plump, glowing skin makes the perfect base so it is important to ensure your skin is prepped and hydrated before you start to apply your makeup. Take some time before getting ready to apply the STARSKIN Red Carpet Ready Hydrating Mask. In just twenty minutes, the vitamin-rich coconut juice in the mask will hydrate and condition your skin, transforming your complexion and leaving skin supple and radiant.
- Prime – Primers are a product which many of us often skip in our beauty routines but they are essential when creating a long-lasting, flawless base. In the winter months, primers can act as an extra boost of hydration for our skin so our makeup applies more smoothly The Illamasqua Hydra Veil Primer is wonderful for smoothing the surface of your the skin and increasing the longevity of your makeup without drying the skin. Simply apply the primer onto your face with a brush or your finger tips and smooth over skin.
- Tools – Before applying your foundation, it is important to make sure you are using the right tools to create an airbrushed finish. We love using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to really work product into the skin and achieve a seamless look.
- Foundation – Foundation is the most important step when creating a flawless base. For the winter months, we are loving the NARS All Day Luminious Weightless Foundation for a full coverage base that also adds a glow to the skin.
- Concealer – For hiding imperfections your foundation may have not been able to cover, a high coverage concealer like the Urban Decay Naked Skin is ideal. Simply apply onto problem areas such as spots and under eye circles and buff into the skin.
- Powder – Finally, set your flawless base with powder to ensure it stays in place all night. Apply a finely milled powder such as the Chantecaille Hi Definition Perfection Powder to reduce shine and lock your foundation and concealer in place.
By following these steps, you can dance to your heart’s content without having to touch up or correct your makeup throughout the night.