MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation is one of the most iconic foundation formulations in the world. Although many assume Studio Fix is simply a full coverage, matte foundation, it can actually be used in so many ways to achieve a variety of finishes.
We've teamed up with MAC to show you how to create three different base looks with Studio Fix so you can fall in love with the must-have formulation all over again.
With a few simple tricks you can use your MAC Studio Fix Fluid to create a natural, skin-like finish.
- Begin by applying MAC Prep + Prime Skin all over your complexion, gently smoothing the product into your skin.
- Pour a small amount of MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation on to the back of your hand to ensure you apply just the right amount of product.
- Taking MAC Prep + Prime Fix+, spritz your MAC 159S Duo Fibre Blush Brush until slightly damp.
- Using the damp brush, take Studio Fix from the back of your hand and lightly apply all over your skin, starting from the centre of your face.
- Brighten with MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter by lightly dotting the product on the skin under your eyes and blend with your damp brush.
- Finally, complete your look by misting MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ all over your complexion.
With a little more coverage and a ultra-radiant finish, the dewy finish is the perfect look for those who want to conceal imperfections without comprimising their glow.
- Prep the skin with MAC Strobe Cream in the shade Pinklite, smoothing the product over your entire complexion, down your neck and on to the body to highlight your décolletage.
- Pour a little MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation on to the back of your hand and use the MAC 159S Duo Fibre Blush Brush damp with MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ all over your complexion concentrating mostly on the centre portion of your face.
- Touch up the skin a little more with MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Palette applying the product under the eyes, through the T-Zone and around your mouth where any redness or pigmentation may be.
- Add a divine glow to your skin with the MAC Hyper Real Palette in Get It Glowin'. Using the MAC 184S Fan Brush, apply the powders to the top of your cheekbones, Cupid'd bow and down the bridge of your nose.
- Set everything in place using MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ in Pinklite. If you are prone to shine on your T-Zone, hold your hand just above yoru face whilst spraying to prevent the area from becoming too oily.
Full matte finish
Create a matte complexion which lasts all day and all night long using your MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation.
- Prep the skin with MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance in Yellow, smoothing the product over your complexion to leave your skin smooth and even.
- Apply an even layer of MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation with the MAC 191 Square Foundation Brush for a full coverage finish.
- To perfect the skin even more and cover imperfections, touch up with the MAC Studio Fix 24-Hour Liquid Concealer. Apply underneath your eyes, on to blemishes and on any areas of pigmentation to create a flawless base.
- Mattify your look and set your makeup in place with MAC Studio Fix Powder by dusting the product all over the skin very lightly with a powder brush.
- Finish with a spritz of MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ Mattifying Mist.