What better way to celebrate National Women's Health & Fitness Day than a facial workout from the comfort of your own home?! It may seem like hard work but a quick face gym session can help to support lymphatic drainage, improve muscle tone and release built up tension. With the help of Secret Spa experts, we've put together a step-by-step guide so you too can master the art of facial workouts.
History of facial rolling
Used by celebrities, the trend of facial rolling has become viral across social media over the past few years, however it has in fact been around since the 7th century. Originating in China, the ritual was created in hope to prevent ageing through using Jade or Rose Quartz facial rollers to release spiritual and energetic properties.
Benefits of facial rolling
Facial massaging and rolling have numerous beauty and health benefits. By incorporating it into your daily routine for just 5 minutes, it can help to sculpt and tighten the face whilst penetrating products deeper into the skin. Both procedures also help to improve blood flow which in turn can make your skin look brighter and firmer, help clear sinuses and also decrease puffiness.
Step-by-step guide for an at home facial workout
Here’s our step-by-step guide on how to do a facial workout at home, demonstrated by Secret Spa experts.
- Chose which oil you want to use. Our experts use Rosehip Regenerating Oil by Pai
- With firm pressure lift the cheekbones using a sweeping motion
- Take your forefinger and thumb and pinch and hols either side of the chin and jawbone
- Next, gather the skin on the cheeks, lift and hold applying pressure with your thumb just under your cheekbones
- Whilst pouting, use your forefingers to apply firm pressure around the mouth where your smile lines would be
- Make an O shape with your mouth and with hooked fingers apply pressure along the same smile lines
- Create two firsts and with a medium pressure iron out your frown lines and relieve tension in the forehead
- Choose a face cream of your choice. Our experts use Argentum Face Cream.
- Apply your cream using sweeping upward motions
- Use a quartz roller, our experts use one by herbivore. Always roll from the middle of the face working towards the ears. Do not go back and forth with the roller. This will help with circulation, fine lines and wrinkles, and eliminating toxins
The best facial rolling tools and products
Now that you've mastered an at home facial workout, take a look at some products that you can incorporate into your session to achieve ultimate results!
The first product to consider in your workout is your choice of oil. Oil is used to smooth and soften the skin whilst packing in essential nutrients, fatty acids and antioxidants. Some of our favourites are Pai Rosehip Oil, Mauli Agni Radiance Concentrate and The Ordinary "B" Oil.
Pai Skincare Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil 30ml4.71 Stars 86 Reviews£24.00
Mauli Agni Radiance Concentrate 15ml£64.00
The Ordinary "B" Oil 30ml4.78 Stars 18 Reviews£8.75
To moisturise and further nourish skin incorporate a face cream into your treatment. Some of our favourites are ARgENTUM la potion infinie Restorative, Vichy Neovadiol Phytosculpt Face and Neck Cream and Uriage's Xémose Emollient Face Cream.
ARgENTUM la potion infinie Restorative Day and Night Cream 70ml4.62 Stars 13 Reviews£158.00
VICHY Neovadiol Phytosculpt Face and Neck Cream 50ml4.8 Stars 5 Reviews£22.50
Uriage Xémose Emollient Face Cream 40ml5 Stars 2 Reviews£14.29
The key to your facial workout is your tool. Choose from a range of Jade and Quartz rollers to help give your face that final sculpt in your routine. Some of our favourites are Herbivore Rose Quartz Facial Roller,Revolution Skincare Jade Roller and brushworks HD Rose Quartz Resin Roller & Gua Sha.
Herbivore Rose Quartz Facial Roller 340g£37.00
Revolution Skincare Jade Roller5 Stars 1 Reviews£15.00
brushworks HD Rose Quartz Resin Roller & Gua Sha4 Stars 1 Reviews£14.99
Shop all our facial workout products at LOOKFANTASTIC here.