When it comes to cosmetics, one of the biggest questions is "how to wear pink makeup and still look grown-up."
Pink is generally considered quite a youthful colour, and with the competition of bronzers and the tanned makeup look, is one that doesn't get enough time in the spotlight.
Pink however, is a universally flattering colour and works on all skin tones. Achieving a tanned makeup look (without looking streaky or blotchy) is not. So when you're in a rush, or need to have perfect makeup for an important occasion, you can always count on a pink blusher or lipstick to do the job.
How to Wear Pink Makeup
When it comes to wearing pink makeup, while the colour suits everyone, the shade will vary depending on your skin tone.
Choosing the right shade will make sure your makeup looks sophisticated and gorgeous, rather than child-like and garish.
How to Wear Pink Makeup on Pale Skin
If you have lighter skin tones, it can often be intimidating to opt for colourful makeup. However, a pop of pink can actually help to warm up your complexion and make your skin appear a little brighter, vibrant and more energetic.
Look for softer pinks at first that will add a hint of colour without you feeling like it's too dark. This also applies to lipstick and eye shadows too - choose nude tones that will work with your complexion without looking too heavy.
- The NARS Orgasm Blush is a cult classic and one which works across all skin tones. It has a hint of golden shimmer in the powder which adds a beautiful luminosity to the skin; the result is a gorgeous healthy glow.
- The Clinique Chubby Stick has a new pastel sister with Baby Tint. It's super moisturising formula conditions the lips, while its paler shade is perfect for adding a hint of colour to your lips without looking over the top.
- The Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes Eyeshadow Palette has a beautiful mix of light and dark pinks for you to blend and create your perfect custom shade.
NARS Cosmetics Blush 4.8g (Various Shades)4.85 Stars 96 Reviews£25.00
Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint Moisturising Lip Colour Balm 2.4g4.5 Stars 4 Reviews£18.50
Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes Eye Shadow Palette D01 Fraîcheur Rosée 4.3g£40.00
How to Wear Pink Makeup on Medium Skin
If you have a more medium skin tone, coral colours will work beautifully on your complexion. Unlike pastel shades, they will show up on your skin and give it a healthy pop of colour and gorgeous luminosity.
Opt for more orange-based pinks and coral colours that will really bring out the depth of your complexion. Don't forget too that your nails are part of your makeup routine - a perfect coral nail is perfect for the summer months!
- The Benefit Galifornia Blush is the newest addition to the makeup giant's line, and makes the perfect blusher for medium toned complexions. It has a swirl of gold speckles embedded into the powder, which when swirled onto the skin gives a healthy glow.
- Keeping your nails looking lovely is an essential part of any makeup routine. Opt for the Nails Inc. Polish in Neon Coral, which is perfect for the warmer weather and delivers a burst of intense colour to the nails.
- Lancôme's Juicy Shaker was one of the hottest product launches of 2016, and still is in 2017. Opt for any coral-based shade for a perfect pop of colour - we love Mangoes Wild.
benefit Galifornia Golden Pink Powder Blush4.64 Stars 11 Reviews£23.38
nails inc. Great Eastern Street Nail Polish - Neon Coral 14ml2.5 Stars 2 Reviews£15.00
Lancôme Juicy Shaker Lip Gloss5 Stars 8 Reviewsfrom£19.50
How to Wear Pink Makeup on Dark Skin
If you have darker skin, brighter pops of colour work really well to enhance your complexion. Think fuchsia, magenta and neon pinks to bring our your skin tone and leave it looking vibrant and healthy.
Choose cream-based blushers to blend into your skin tone and mix together for your unique shade of pink, and matte lipsticks to really bring out the bright tones.
- The Stila Convertible Colour Palette in Sunrise Splendour has the perfect mix of pink shades to blend out and create your perfect pop of pink. The creamy texture blends into the complexion and leaves you with a healthy shade of pink flush.
- The Estée Lauder Matte Sculpting Lipstick in Neon Azalea is a gorgeous bright, neon pink, which works perfectly in the warmer summer months. Plus, as it's matte, it lasts a long time on the lips and really helps to sculpt and shape them.
- Choose a popping colour for your eyes that will help them stand out. The NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Bouthan has a lovely fuchsia base which can be built up to your desired shade whether you want to wear it in the day or at night.