With festivals back on the map this season, we finally have the chance to experiment with our locks again. What better time to try out a new style than when you’re heading off for a weekend of glitter-fueled dancing? Creating a crowd-proof hairstyle is essential to keep your hair looking cute all weekend, and we’ve put together a roundup of our favourite cute but durable styles that are the perfect match for your festival fit. Keep scrolling to discover your new favourite look.
This beachy wave hairstyle is Molly Mae Hague’s go-to vibe for the summer, and makes for the ideal festival alternative for those who struggle to maintain bouncy curls all day long. This low-maintenance, high-glam look is easily achieved with a waver wand, and can be maintained from dawn until dusk with a limited amount of products!
Get the look:
- Prep your hair by spraying it in sections with the Beauty Works Heat Protection Spray.
- Use the Beauty Works Jumbo Waver to create loose, beachy waves. Start at the roots and slowly make your way down the section.
- Finish off with the Color WOW Firm and Flexible Hold Hairspray.
- Keep your roots look fresh throughout your festival with the OUAI Super Dry Shampoo Travel Size. To keep your waves looking full of body, spritz regularly with the Bumble and bumble Surf Spray.
A popular choice for festivals, plaits are the perfect hair do to keep your locks looking super cute and, more importantly, out of your face in a sweaty crowd! This multifunctional style is ideal for festival season because you can wear it as an updo, or undo the plaits to reveal a natural beachy wave! Put a twist on the classic style with these super loose, voluminous plaits, creating a more dramatic look.
Get the look:
- Brush through hair with the Denman D90L Ultra Bee Print Tangle Tamer to ensure it’s knot-free and then divide into two sections.
- Prep and smooth your hair for styling with the Sebastian Professional Dark Hair Styling Oil.
- Take three small sections of hair, starting at the front of the head. Bring the left strand into the middle, then the right strand into the middle, and so on and so forth, grabbing an extra piece of hair each time until all hair is included. Secure with a hair band.
- Use your fingers to gently start teasing out the hair until the plait is as loose as you want it to be. Top off with the Bumble and bumble Thickening Dry Spun Texture Spray for a final volume boost.
If you’re bored of traditional plaits, then the bubble braid is a great alternative for you. This Instagram-approved hairstyle looks super chic, and is surprisingly easy to pull off. Another great way to keep your hair away from your face, this style will keep you cool in the crowd all night long!
Get the look:
- This hairstyle works best with an ultra-sleek base. Begin by smoothing down your locks with the ghd Unplugged Cordless Styler.
- Brush your hair up and backwards into a high ponytail using the Wetbrush Pro Flex for a sleek finish, secure with a hair band.
- Take 3-5 more hair bands (depending on the length of your hair) and tie them around the pony tail so that they are evenly spaced from top to bottom.
- Use your hands to gently pull out each section until you have your desired looseness. Fix style and shine in place all day with the Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong Hold.
Switch up your bubble braid style with these chic bunches. Wear them higher on your head for a cute look, or lower down for a sleeker style. This look is also perfect for adding on hair accessories such as glitter, clips or beads to top off the festival vibe!
Get the look:
- This ultra-sleek style requires a smooth base, so begin by straightening your locks with the ghd Gold Styler.
- Section your hair into two parts and slick back with the Denman D91 Dress-Out Brush. Secure with two hair bands.
- Take 6-10 hair bands (depending on the length of your hair) and tie them around the bunches so that they are evenly spaced from top to bottom.
- Use your fingers to pull apart each section until they form little ‘bubbles’.
- For those who want a more show-stopping look, add a splash of colour before styling with the Wella Professionals Color Fresh Semi-Permanent Colour Mask’s.
Shop haircare on LOOKFANTASTIC.