Festivals are the perfect opportunity to really experiment with your hair and makeup looks and push your beauty boundaries.
We partnered with NYX Professional Makeup and Redken to create two show-stopping festival looks using their wonderful products to help to give you a little inspiration when deciding what to wear and create for your summer festival of choice.
Inspired by Gigi Hadid and Joan Smalls, these looks perfectly embrace the fun, care-free nature of festival season.
Look 1: Gigi Hadid Inspired Makeup + Hair Look
We created Gigi Hadid's signature all nude look on our Beauty Set member Dieulinh using all NYX Professional Makeup.
- Prep and prime your eyes with Proof It! Eyeshadow Primer to ensure your shadows stay in place all day.
- Using the Away We Glow Palette - Hooked on Glow, highlight your brow bone with Shade 1 then apply Shade 6 to the inner corner of your eye.
- Create a base colour for your look using Shade 2 from the palette all over the lid.
- Take a soft, fluffy brush and begin to create a subtle smoke using Shade 5 and Shade 10 on the inner and outer corner of your lid.
- Line your lash line using the Slide On Pencil in Jet Black and smudge out softly using Shade 10 from the palette once more.
- Smudge and blend the Slide on Pencil in Brown Perfection on your lower lash line and buff out using Shade 5 and Shade 10.
- Complete the eye look with lashing of Worth The Hype Volumizing Mascara.
BROWS + LIPS
- Define and fill in the brows with Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade using a fine, angled brush. To create a fluffy, natural yet sculpted brow look, follow your pomade with Control Freak Eye Brow Gel in Clear and brush your brow hairs upwards.
- Line your lips with the Slide on Lip Pencil in the shade Urban Café, a deep, warm-toned brown shade. Blend the colour into your lips with your fingers or a lip brush.
- Finish the look with Lip Lingerie in Seduction all over your lips then apply Dusk To Dawn to the centre of the lips to create a nude 90s ombre effect.
- Wash your hair with Redken Beach Envy Volume Texturising Shampoo and Beach Envy Volume Texturising Conditioner.
- To protect, tame and soften your locks, apply Redken One United Multi-Benefit Treatment through the mid-lengths and ends of your hair.
- Apply Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray into your roots and Redken Fashion Waves Sea Salt Spray through the lengths to add texture and lift.
- After drying your hair, add some matte texture with Redken Powder Grip and tie your hair up in a high ponytail.
- Wrap one strand of hair around your ponytail to conceal your hair tie and create chic finish.
Look 2: Joan Smalls Inspired Makeup + Hair Look
Inspired by supermodel Joan Smalls, we created an electric blue liner look with a gorgeous half top-knot on our Beauty Set member Tamieka using all NYX Professional Makeup products.
- Begin by priming your eye lids with Proof It! Eye Shadow Primer to prevent your shadows from creasing or smudging.
- Using the Away We Glow Palette, apply Shade 9 all over your lid then softly define your crease with a soft, fluffy brush using Shade 7.
- Taking the Vivid Brights Eyeliner in Sapphire, create a bold wing look. Start by creating your flick then extend the line over your lid to touch your lash line.
- Smudge Shade 7 underneath your lower lash line.
- Complete your eye look with layers of Worth The Hype Mascara Volumizing Mascara.
BROWS + LIPS
- Wash your hair with Redken All Soft Mega Shampoo and All Soft Mega Conditioner.
- Spritz Redken One United Multi-Benefit Treatment through the mid-lengths and ends of your hair to hydrate, treat and protect your locks and blow dry.
- Spray Redken Wind Blown Dry Finishing Spray through the lengths your hair.
- French plait the middle section of your hair, where your partning would normally fall, back to the crown of your head.
- Create a bun at the back of the plait by wrapping your hair around itself.
- Finish with the Redken Fashion Work 12 for 8 hour hold of your chic style.
You can now shop all the Redken and NYX Professional Makeup products used to create both makeup and hair looks on our Redken x NYX list.