When it comes to looking for the best MAC lipsticks, LOOKFANTASTIC has every finish and shade you will ever need in your makeup collection. We’ve created a handy guide to the different MAC lipsticks available so you can be sure to find the shade and finish that best suits you.
What Makes A MAC Lipstick so Good?
MAC lipsticks are known all over the world for their high-quality texture and diverse shade selection, which means there is a colour to suit every skin type and desired finish.
Formulated with luxury ingredients, each different MAC lipstick possesses slightly different powers, whether you want a high shine or a matte sheen. The finish however is always the same: long-lasting and with a gorgeous colour payoff.
Which Are The Best MAC Lipsticks?
- MAC Lipstick
- MAC Mini Lipstick
- MAC Crèmesheen Pearl Lipstick
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour
- MAC Love Me Lipstick
- MAC Lipstick - Satin - VIVA GLAM II
What Are The Available Finishes In MAC Lipsticks?
1. Amplified (High coverage, creamy finish)
2. Amplified Crème (Creamy, slightly glossy finish)
This gorgeous finish has a delightfully creamy texture that melts onto the lips and leaves them well moisturised and with superb colour payoff and coverage.
- Blankety - This colour looks like cashmere on the skin; perfect for late summer nights and strolls on the beach.
- Girl About Town - This bright pink has a slight blue undertone to add a little vibrancy to your complexion.
- Impassioned - Stay passionate about your lip colour with this gorgeous fuchsia colour, to add a fun and modern flush of pink to your complexion.
- Show Orchid - Like its gorgeous flower namesake, this bright pink is perfect for a girly summer holiday.
- Chatterbox - Be proud to show off your lips with this bright pink shade for a beautiful pop of colour.
3. Cremesheen (Creamy colour, high-shine finish)
This high shine lipstick texture is ideal for those going for a glossy, illuminated and all-round payoff.
- Japanese Maple - This beautifully pearlised shade gives a hint of colour to your lips to make them look like yours, only better.
- Peach Blossom - This frosty pink looks fabulous in the summer months for a daytime chic look.
- Coral Bliss - Say hello to summer with this baby coral to ease you into the warmer months.
- Crème Cup - This very pale pink is ideal for those wanting to add a wash of colour to the lips without it looking too powerful.
- Crème In Your Coffee - Stay energised and vibrant with this warm pinky-nude to add depth to your lips.
4. Frost (Buildable colour, metallic pearl finish)
If you like something with a little shimmer, sheen and shine, go for the Frost Finish. The illuminating Pearl texture will add dimension to your lips.
- New York Apple - Say hello to the big city and bright lights with this plum shade with a hint of pink shimmer.
- Odyssey - If you like something a little more neon than your regular mauve shade, try this frosted deep lilac colour.
- Angel - Like a sweet and angelic cherub, this light pink lipstick is the ideal way to perfect your makeup look without trying too hard.
- Bombshell - Amp up your lipstick collection with this rosy and shimmering pink shade, which takes you from day to night.
- Bronze Shimmer - If you love to go golden to match your tanned contour, add a slick of this bronzed lipstick to your lips.
5. Glaze (Glossy veil finish)
For a glossy and lightweight wash of colour, opt for the Glaze collection. It's perfect for those "no-makeup makeup days."
- Hue - A cashmere-soft pink, this rosy nude is ideal for everyday wear.
- Hot Tahiti - This beautiful pink-red looks like the shade of a summer rose, adding a gorgeous kiss of colour to your lips.
- Pervette - This baby violet shade has a delicate opalescent shimmer in it to add dimension to the lips.
6. Lustre (Sheer colour, glossy finish)
This semi-glossy finish is ideal for those wanting a little shine but long-lasting coverage too. Choose this on days you need your lipstick to stay looking flawless but natural.
- Flamingo - This bright coral looks like the delicate feathers of a flamingo, and will transport you straight to paradise.
- Patisserie - Stay sweet like a cupcake with this creamy pale pink shade to add a wash of light colour to your lips.
- Syrup - The shade that suits everyone; Syrup is a classic nude pink.
- Touch - This gorgeous nutmeg shade has a slight hint of peach-infused into it, for a light wash of nude colour.
- Spice It Up! - Heat up your makeup routine with the mulled wine shade of this glossy lip colour.
7. Matte (Full colour, comfortable wear)
The original formulation and the one people go back to over and over again. This classic matte texture leaves lips gorgeously coloured for a long period of time.
- Velvet Teddy - One of the most cult MAC lipstick shades ever, and the perfect matte nude tone.
- Whirl - This dark rose-tinted nude shade perfects your lips for a sultry and smoking look.
- Tropic Tonic - Say hello to paradise with this powerful coral designed to transform your lips into holiday mode.
- Lady Danger - One of the most cult MAC lipstick shades there are; take a walk on the wild side.
- Ruby Woo - The shade loved by everyone and anyone. It's a classic matte red that needs no introduction.
8. Matte Velvet (Creamy matte finish)
9. Metallic (Metallic finish)
10. Retro Matte (Mattest matte finish)
The mattest of the matte shades for those who like their lipstick to do the talking. Choose this texture when you want your lips to stand out.
- All Fired Up - Keep the party going with this bright popping pink shade.
- Dangerous - As its name suggests, this lipstick is a danger to anyone who dares take a look at its vibrant red shade.
- Steady Going - Ease yourself into a brighter lipstick shade with this pink hue that adds a burst of vibrancy.
- Flat Out Fabulous - Say hello to a brighter you with MAC's popping plum shade; perfect for the warmer weather.
11. Satin (Velvet sheen finish)
This gorgeous and luxurious texture feels like velvet swathing your lips. The gorgeous sheen glides on easily but leaves great colour payoff and a long-lasting finish.
- Cherish - Keep your lips looking natural with this soft peach beige.
- A.C Red - A classic MAC shade, this beautiful red has a slight blue undertone to keep teeth looking white.
- Brave - For when you need lipstick on top form, you can count on this pearlised rosy nude to keep you looking your best.
- Captive - This gorgeous light plum shade adds a wash of colour to your lips to transform your makeup look.
- Faux - This rosy pink shade gives the lips that "mine but better" look.
The Best MAC Lipsticks To Buy
Enjoy this? Try our best MAC foundation guide.