Marking the end of party season, New Year's Eve is the perfect time to create the ultimate glamorous makeup look and add touches of sparkle to your beauty routine.
To help you achieve a glowing complexion, a shimmering eye look, the perfect nude lip and set it all in place for a night of dancing, we have created our dream NYE makeup look using some of our favourite beauty discoveries of the past year.
Glowing goddess complexion
A beautiful base always leads to beautiful makeup. As prep is key to achieving a glowing complexion, we have selected three of our favourite skincare and prep products to add luminosity and a glossy sheen to your skin before foundation.
- If you have the time, applying a glow-inducing face mask if the perfect way to begin your getting ready process. The OSKIA Renaissance Mask uses Papaya Enzymes and natural Passionfruit AHAs to exfoliate the skin to reveal a bright, radiant complexion.
- Follow up your mask if a radiance-boosting moisturiser such as the Lancôme Renergie Ultra Glow Cream. Super lightweight and perfect for under makeup, the hydrating cream smoothes the skin to improve tone, texture and add a beautiful sheen.
- As the final stage of your skin prep, prime the skin with Giorgio Armani Light Master Make Up Primer. Designed to highlight the skin, the silky primer works to even out skin tone and adds a gorgeous glow to shine through whatever base you apply on top.
If there was ever a night to go a little sparkle heavy, it's New Year's Eve. Whether you love using cream or powder shadows, go for something with a rich shimmer to create a truly mesmerising finish.
- If you love a traditional powder shadow formula, the Lime Crime Venus XS Eye Shadow Palette in Solid Gold is perfection in a palette. With two shimmers, one warm crease shade and a unique deep matte brown with a golden sparkle, the quad can be used to create a multitude of dazzling eye looks.
- Cream shadows are perfect for those who want to create a stunning eye in just a couple of minutes. By Terry Ombre Blackstar Eye Shadows glide on to the skin and blend seamlessly with a brush or your fingers. Each light-reflecting shade can be worn alone or with other shadows to create a party-ready finish.
- Make any eye look you create that little bit special with a shadow topper such as the Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Shadow. Beautiful alone but even more stunning as a topper over your favourite powder or cream shadow, eacj Glitter & Glow shade adds the perfect sparkling finish which lasts all night long.
The perfect nude hue
A nude lip perfectly complements any eye look you could wish to create and ensures you can eat, drink and dance all night long without having to worry about touch ups.
- Begin by accentuating, defining and enhancing your lips with a nude lip liner. Lipstick Queen Lip Liners allow you to softly over draw your lips and create the perfect pout. Infused with nourishing Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil, the long-wearing pencil helps to prevent the fading or feathering of any lip product you apply on top.
- Pair your liner with a traditional lipstick formula such as the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick to coat your lips in rich, velvety colour. With medium to full coverage, the formula glides on to the lips and still feels and looks wonderful after hours of wear. With so many shades, you're sure to find your perfect nude in the collection.
- If you prefer a glossy finish, top your lipstick with The Lip Gloss from Kevyn Aucoin. With a high-shine finish in a number of nude shades to flatter all skin tones, the gloss softens and moisturises to leave your lips truly kissable.
Set and perfect
With all the eating, drinking and dancing that comes with New Year's Eve, you don't want to be touching up your makeup look throughout the night. Using powders and setting sprays will ensure your makeup looks just as perfect as midnight as when you first applied it.
- Set any areas which may become shiny throughout the night with NARS Cosmetics Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder. Apply a light dusting of the powder on your T-Zone to keep oils at bay and keep your skin looking flawless. Minimising the appearance of pores and imperfections, the powder will ensure your skin appears smooth and even.
- Lock your look in place with MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ Spray in Goldlite. Infused with pearlescent particles, the mist will set your makeup in place while casting a soft, glowy veil over your complexion.