Though we may be locked in this Halloween, unleash your inner artist with these show-stopping illusion looks using the NYX Professional Makeup bestsellers that you will want to keep in your kit beyond just October. Based on their Haunted Dollhouse theme, meet the Broken Beauty Doll look, broken down step by step for perfection that isn't reality.
Before you start your look, complete your eye and face base makeup as normal, ready for your creation of a botched plastic surgery look.
Broken Beauty Doll (Easy)
What you will need:
Get the look:
- Using the NYX Professional Makeup Epic Wear Semi Permanent Liquid Liner, draw five upwards arrows above your left eyebrow. The liner is super long-lasting and will not budge, meaning your handiwork will stay in place all night long.
- Just below the brow bone on your right eyelid, draw an arch in the shape of your eye curve and mark five crosses through it.
- Under your right eye draw a dashed line with an arrow at the end pointing outwards from your face.
- On your left cheek, in the same style of dashed line as under your left eye, draw around your lower cheek bone and draw an arrow inside pointed outwards.
- Draw an upside down ‘U’ shape on your chin in the same dashed line style.
- Finish with a Barbie Pink NYX Professional Makeup Shout Loud Satin Lipstick in your chosen bright shade.
- Set with NYX Professional Matte Setting Spray to conserve all your hard work!
Broken Beauty Doll Distorted Mouth Illusion (Expert)
What you will need:
Get the look:
- Prep the skin using the NYX Professional Makeup Studio Finishing Powder for a matte base.
- Conceal your lips with the NYX Professional Makeup Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Concealer in the shade closest to your skin tone and set with the Studio Finishing Powder.
- Map out your 'slice' from either corner of the mouth across the lower cheek with a dark eyeshadow from a NYX Professional Makeup Ultimate Shadow Palette of your choice such as the NYX Professional Makeup Mystic Petals Eye Shadow Palette.
- Create the illusion of space or a cracked effect on the sides of the face above the slice on your left cheek and below the line on your right as in the picture using the NYX Professional Makeup Epic Wear Semi Permanent Liquid Liner in Pitch Black and blend it out slightly to create black shadow effect using your chosen eyeshadow in step 3.
- Shade further onto the skin with a beige eye shadow from the NYX Professional Makeup Ultimate Shadow Palette to create the 'new face' shape.
- Highlight the opposite side of the 'crack' or 'slice' with the NYX Professional Makeup Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Concealer in a slightly lighter shade to your skin tone, blending it out well.
- Map out the shifted lips with the NYX Professional Makeup Suede Matte Lip Liner in Spicy. Sketch it slightly off-centre to appear 'shifted', then apply the matching NYX Professional Makeup Suede Matte Lipstick in Spicy to your drawn out lip shape. PRO TIP: shade the corners of the lips with dark red shadow to create more depth using a darker lip liner shade.
- Continue to shade under the 'slice' to make it look more 3D, then paint the staples across the 'slice' using the NYX Professional Makeup Epic Wear Liquid Liner in Black.
- Add the metallic shine to the staples using the NYX Professional Makeup White Liquid Liner and use a darker shadow shade from your NYX Professional Makeup Ultimate Shadow Palette to add the puncture holes on the skin.
- Set your look in place with the NYX Professional Makeup Setting Spray to conserve all your hard work!