A cleanser is an essential part of any skincare routine and oily, breakout prone skin needs a thoroughly cleansing formula which will help to remove impurities and excess sebum for a clear, refined finish.
Without stripping the skin, a cleanser for acne-prone skin should work to balance oils, deeply cleanse pores and exfoliate the skin to lift away dead skin cells for a brighter, more refined complexion.
Our Top 10 Picks of the Best Cleansers for Acne
- Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Cleansing Gel
- Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All Over Clearing Treatment
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel
- SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleanser
- Farmacy Green Clean Make Up Meltaway Cleansing Balm
- COSRX Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser
- Caudalie Vinopure Purifying Gel Cleanser
- ESPA Balancing Foam Cleanser
- Murad Clarifying Cleanser
- APIVITA Cleansing Gel for Oily/Combination Skin
What are the Best Cleaners for Acne Prone Skin
To help you find the perfect product to help you fight breakouts and calm acneic skin, we have curated an edit of the best cleansers for acne to help clear and refresh your complexion.
Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Cleansing Gel
Refresh and refine your skin with the oil-free Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Cleansing Gel. Removing the build-up of dirt and impurities, the cleansing gel is so quick and easy to use and cleans deep down into your pores to leave your complexion clear and refined. .
- Why we love it: The refining formula can also be used as a body wash to help treat body acne.
Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All Over Clearing Treatment
The Anti-Blemish Solutions All Over Clearing Treatment from Clinique has been expertly formulated by dermatologists to help treat blemishes, acne and breakouts. The lightweight cream works to create a protective barrier against harmful agents that cause skin irritations.
- Why we love it: Formulated to provide skin with a dosage of moisture to minimise dryness and peeling.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel
La Roche-Posay are known and loved for affordable solutions for problem-prone skin, particularly acneic skin. The La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel is the perfect acne face wash as it is both effective and gentle. Enriched with La-Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water, the Purifying Cleansing Gel helps to eliminate impurities and excess sebum without irritating your complexion.
- Why we love it: Effectively removes excess sebum while being gentle on your complexion.
SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleanser
Enriched with Glycolic and Salicylic Acids to exfoliate and deeply cleanse the pores, SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleanser will help you achieve a clearer, brighter complexion. Accelerating skin surface exfoliation with AHAs and BHAs, the cleanser sweeps away impurities and dead skin cells which cause breakouts and blemishes.
- Why we love it: Not only a cleanser, but an exfoliator too!
FARMACY Green Clean Make Up Meltaway Cleansing Balm
Made with locally grown, clean ingredients, FARMACY Green Clean Make Up Meltaway Cleansing Balm gently exfoliates and refines your skin without stripping or drying. Unlike many rich balm cleansers, Green Clean is pretty lightweight making it easy to remove and perfect for even oily, acne-prone skin types. Utilising Sunflower and Ginger Root Oils to dissolve makeup and impurities, the balm-to-oil cleanser will leave your skin feeling fresh and clean.
- Why we love it: A refreshing balm-to-oil cleanser
COSRX Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser
Melt away the skin’s impurities with COSRX Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser, a nourishing cleansing wash that helps to treat and prevent breakouts. Infused with a potent blend of Tea Tree Oil, Willow Bark Water and 0.5% Salicylic Acid, the cleanser gently removes dirt, excess oil and product build-up while replenishing moisture in order to combat the underlying causes of blemishes and breakouts.
- Why we love it: Leaves a touchably soft, visibly clearer complexion that boasts a natural glow.
Caudalie Vinopure Purifying Gel Cleanser
Keeping blemish prone skin under control, Caudalie Vinopure Purifying Gel Cleanser is a simple solution to purification for those with oily and combination skin. Using natural foaming agents, the face wash refreshes and hydrates with organic Grape Water for an energised, softer feel. Enriched with Salicylic Acid, your skin will be gently exfoliated and old skin washed away, leaving you with unclogged pores. Essential oils and Grapeseed Polyphenols calm blemishes and restore balance for an even, smooth look.
- Why we love it: Users claim that after just 28 days of use, 96% found their complexion to be purified and 83% noted a reduction in shine.
ESPA Balancing Foam Cleanser
Naturally foaming and deeply cleansing, ESPA Balancing Foam Cleanser works to refresh and rebalance your skin without drying out your complexion. Gentle Coconut and Yucca sweep away impurities and dirt for a clean, supple finish.
- Why we love it: A gentle foaming cleanser that wont dry out skin
Murad Clarifying Cleanser
This Murad Clarifying Cleanser (200ml) is clinically proven to transform your skin in as little as three days, healing and calming your complexion to help reduce the number of blemish breakouts experienced. Maximum strength cleanser for active breakouts and extreme oiliness.
- Why we love it: Tough acting on active breakouts and extreme oil buildup
APIVITA Cleansing Gel for Oily/Combination Skin
Free from parabens, sulphates and mineral oil, APIVITA Cleansing Gel for Oily/Combination Skin is a wonderful natural cleanser for oily and acneic skin types. Used daily to refresh, rebalance and detoxify your skin, the gel combines the brand's Green Tea Water with Lime and Tea Tree essential oils to eliminate dirt and impurities without drying out the skin.
- Why we love it: Natural ingredients that work on both acne and oily skin types
Shop All Cleaners for Acne Prone Skin on LOOKFANTASTIC!