There aren't many downsides of the warmer months of the year but frizzy hair caused by humidity is definitely one of the less than desirable elements of summer.
In warmer temperatures and climates, our hair is prone to drying out and becoming frizzy. No matter how long you spend styling your hair trying to combat frizz, without using the right products your hair will simply become fuzzy and a little messy before you know it.
Our Picks of the Best Shampoo for Frizzy Hair
- Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo
- Pureology Smooth Perfection Shampoo
- Garnier Ultimate Blends Smoothing Hair Food Coconut Shampoo for Frizzy Hair
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea & Cupuacu Frizz Defense Shampoo
- System Professional Smoothen Shampoo
- Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Shampoo
- Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo
- Kérastase Discipline Bain Fluidealiste
- Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo
- L'Oréal Professionnel Serie Expert Liss Unlimited Shampoo
Everything you need to know about hair porosity
Ever wondered why your hair feels dry and frizzy, no matter what products you use? Find out your porosity and transform your hair care routine with expert advice.
Which are the Best shampoos for Frizzy Hair?
To help you combat frizz and flyaway strands, we have gathered together the 10 best shampoos for frizzy hair. With each and every wash, all these hard working formulas will work to control frizz and leave hair sleek and shiny.
1.Redken Frizz Dismiss ShampooGently cleanse your locks and completely tame unmanageable frizz with Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo. Rich and nourishing, the frizz-fighting formula enhances shine and seals each strand's cuticle to leave a smooth and sleek finish.
- Why we love it: Ideal for all hair types and thicknesses, it leaves your hair smooth and frizz-free with a luminous shine.
2.Pureology Smooth Perfection ShampooSpecially formulated for colour-treated, frizzy hair, Pureology Smooth Perfection Shampoo has a sulphate-free formula which protects your colour and effectively cleanses your hair. Formulated with blend of nourishing camellia and sesame oils and shea butter, it deeply hydrates the hair to keep frizz at bay and leaves a super sleek finish.
- Why we love it: Not only keeps frizz at bay but also cleanses your hair
3.Garnier Ultimate Blends Smoothing Hair Food Coconut Shampoo for Frizzy Hair
Garnier Ultimate Blends Smoothing Hair Food Coconut Shampoo for Frizzy Hair4.83 Stars 6 Reviews£6.00Reign in rebellious strands with the Garnier Ultimate Blends Smoothing Hair Food Coconut Shampoo for Frizzy Hair. This 100% vegan shampoo boasts a host of nurturing ingredients that help to smooth the appearance of frizz and flyaways, promoting shiny, silky and manageable locks.
- Why we love it: Vegan! Shop All Vegan Haircare on LOOKFANTASTIC
4.Shea Moisture Raw Shea & Cupuacu Frizz Defense ShampooIf your hair is thick and wavy, you probably struggle with frizz in the warmer months. Enriched with Amazonian cupaucu butter and raw shea butter, the ultra-nourishing Shea Moisture Frizz Defense Shampoo can help to tame your locks.
- Why we love it: It gently eliminates impurities while conditioning, it leaves hair smooth, sleek and beautifully shiny.
5.System Professional Smoothen ShampooLightweight but truly nourishing, the System Professional Smoothen Shampoo cleanses, detangles and tames unruly, frizzy hair. With the brand's EnergyCode™ Complex, the shampoo eliminates impurities without disrupting your hair and scalp's natural pH. Hair is left smooth and sleek from root to tip.
- Why we love it: Doesn't irritate scalp and acts like a detangler as well as a frizz tamer
6.Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil ShampooThe perfect shampoo for very dry and damaged hair which can become frizzy, Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Shampoo transforms your hair and leaves is sleek and frizz-free. Infused with an ultra-nourishing blend of six divine oils, it softens, detangles and makes your hair instantly more manageable and leaves a luminous shine.
- Why we love it: It's great for dry, damaged hair!
7.Aveda Smooth Infusion ShampooInfused with a natural blend of organic aloe, maize and guar bean, the hydrating and softening Smooth Infusion Shampoo from Aveda helps to tame frizz and leave hair much more manageable. With a babassu-derived cleansing system which allows the product to form a luxurious lather, it deeply nourishes your hair to leave it super soft.
- Why we love it: Hydrates and softens hair
8.Kérastase Discipline Bain FluidealisteIf you have naturally very curly hair, unwanted frizz can leave your hair looking messy and unruly. Using a shampoo designed especially for curls such as the Kérastase Discipline Bain Fluidealiste can help to define your curls and intensely hydrate your hair to keep frizz away.
- Why we love it: Ideal for curly hair as curls will be left perfectly enhances with a gorgeous healthy shine.
9.Living Proof No Frizz ShampooSulphate and paraben-free, no Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo coats your hair in a weightless and invisible hair of moisture to fight against humidity to leave your hair sleek and frizz-free. Cleansing and nourishing your hair in one, the luxurious formula works beautifully on all hair types even colour and chemically-treated locks.
- Why we love it: Works on even chemically-treated hair and is sulphate free! Shop all Sulphate Free Haircare on LOOKFANTASTIC
10.L'Oréal Professionnel Serie Expert Liss Unlimited ShampooTransform frizzy, unmanageable hair with L'Oréal Professionnel Serie Expert Liss Unlimited Shampoo. Formulated with Oil Incell technology which mimics the hair's lost ceramides to restore moisture balance, the nourishing formula blends argan and olive oils to provide intense hydration which will leave your hair smooth, sleek and shiny.
- Why we love it: Tames even the most unmanageable friz!
Shop all Shampoo for Frizzy Hair on LOOKFANTASTIC