With the weather warming up, skin becomes more exposed, which means we need to spend a little more time taking care of it post-winter neglect.
Stretch marks are a common skincare concern amongst women, so we have put together our edit of the best stretch mark creams and treatments to strengthen and even out the skin.
What are stretch marks?
Stretch marks are a common skin condition which most people will experience at some point in their life.
They can look like silver streaks across the skin, but they also range in colour, depth and intensity depending on your skin tone. While they start off quite prominent, they naturally fade over time, especially when using stretch mark creams and treatments to help support and strengthen the skin.
What causes stretch marks?
Stretch marks can be caused by a number of factors, but become most prominent during pregnancy when the skin stretches suddenly.
They can also be caused by genetics, so if a family member has them, it could be more likely that you will also get them at some point.
We advocate complete body positivity here at lookfantastic, and think that all skin is beautiful, but if stretch marks are a particular concern for you, take a look at our best stretch mark creams and treatments below.
10 of the best stretch mark creams for 2021
- Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks Stretch Mark Minimiser
- Weleda Stretch Mark Massage Oil
- Mama Mio The Tummy Rub Butter
- JASON 32000IU Vitamin E Beauty Oil
- Burt's Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil with Vitamin E
- StriVectin Intensive Concentrate for Stretch Marks & Wrinkles
- Little Butterfly London Cocoon of Bliss Stretch Mark Butter
- Cowshed Mother Stretch Mark Balm
- Love Boo Super Stretchy Miracle Oil
- Balance Me Super Moisturising Body Oil