Whether you're holidaying in sunny climes, or partying all night, applying waterproof makeup is a great way to ensure your glam stays in place as long as you need it to. Discover our top formulas that won't budge under humidity, heat or water, so they can last as long as you do!
Best waterproof makeup for eyes
This isn't strictly related to your holiday; let's face it, we all need waterproof mascara in the summer months when the temperature heats up and makeup starts to melt. Here are our favourite water-resistant formulas.
- Best for beach days: Completely waterproof and cruelty-free, the Eyeko Beach Waterproof Mascara offers maximum coverage, lifting, curling and volumising every lash. Using a wave-inspired brush designed to mimic the ripples of water, each lash is coated in the nourishing coconut oil-infused formula for a fanned out effect.
- Best for active lifestyles: Urban Decay Perversion Waterproof Mascara is perfect for active lifestyles, offering smudge-proof wear for long days, workout routines and more! Created with an ultra-dark pigment for maximum impact and enriched with a nourishing blend of proteins and amino acids, this volumising mascara nourishes lashes with every swipe.
- Best for party animals: If you love to stay out from dawn 'til dusk, the MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara is the ideal formula for you. Coating every lash in jet-black pigment, this lifting and lengthening mascara is long-wearing and sweat-proof, yet easy to remove with warm water at the end of the night due to its thermal-sensitive technology.
Our Top 6 Picks of the Best Waterproof Mascaras
Discover our top picks of the best water resistant Mascaras on LOOKFANTASTIC for highly defined, fuller lashes that won't run when you do.
Waterproof eye liner
- Best pencil liner: The Laura Mercier Longwear Crème Eye Pencil offers a waterproof pigment, in a creamy, glide-on formula that lasts up to 12 hours. Smudge and transfer-resistant, line and define your eyes in an instant with a high-impact finish.
- Best liquid liner:NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner is waterproof, highly pigmented and offers a smudge-resistant finish. With a slender, pointed brush, even the thinnest of wings are achievable in a simple swipe.
- Best waxy liner:Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Waterproof Liner is ideal for those who prefer a waxy formulation in their liner. It's resistant to tears, water, humidity and sweat, meaning your cat-eye stays looking as fierce at the end of the day as when you first applied it. No more winging it.
Best waterproof makeup for the face
The best waterproof makeup for the face is non-comedogenic (meaning it won't block your pores), lasts all-day, and doesn't cake or smudge as you go in and out of the water. Not an easy task by all imagination, but there are a few formulas which stand up to the test...
- Best for lightweight coverage: Boasting 24-hour, waterproof coverage, Clinique Even Better Clinical Serum Foundation SPF20 is designed to enhance your natural beauty and elevate your bare skin. With a satin matte finish, and a buildable formula infused with vitamin C, this skin-loving foundation will give you an unmatched glow.
- Best for oily skin: If you have combination or blemish-prone skin, you will love MAC's Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation. Oil-free and non-acnegenic, it is sweat, humidity and transfer-resistant, as well as being waterproof. It also comes in a great selection of shades suited to neutral, yellow and pink undertones.
- Best for severe redness and acne: Everyone knows that Estée Lauder's Double Wear collection is perfect for covering up any marks and pigmentation, but their Maximum Coverage Camouflage Makeup is great for anyone with severe redness and acne. It has 12-hour wear and 30% pigment, making it their most covering formula to date.
- Best for blemishes and dark circles: The bareMinerals Barepro 16-Hour Concealer Cream Stick was recently featured as one of Fleur de Force's favourite new in beauty products. It contains raspberry and blackcurrant seed oils to nourish while unique Mineral Lock Wear Technology ensures it doesn't budge throughout the day.
- Best for a quick fix:Urban Decay Stay Naked Quickie Concealer is a long-lasting, full-coverage concealer with a skin-like finish. Enriched with vitamin E to hydrate the skin, the built in buffing brush makes applying makeup in a hurry a breeze. Lightweight and waterproof, this concealer takes you from day to night without flaking.
- Best for redness: You only need a little amount of Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer to be able to effectively conceal any redness on the skin. The award-winning formula works to conceal, correct, highlight and contour, and because it's enriched with jojoba oil and honey, it never feels dry on the skin.
- The best pomade: Brow pomades are gaining momentum in popularity, but our favourite has to be the NYX Professional Makeup Tame and Frame Tinted Brow Pomade. It's smudge-proof and waterproof and helps to create that "perfect" brow.
- The best brow pencil: benefit's Goof Proof Brow Pencil is super easy to use (hence its name) and helps to give a gorgeous definition to the brows which can be built up from a natural to a stronger look. It's both waterproof and long-lasting: 12 hours to be exact.
- The best brow gel:MAC's Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set helps to build natural shape and give the brows definition. It lasts for up to 8 hours without smudging or flaking, and will give you perfect brows no matter how many times you dip in and out of the water.