No festive makeup look is complete without a touch of glitter.
To guide you through the party season, we have chosen our three favourite ways to wear glitter to add anything from a subtle sparkle to a rich, eye-catching shine.
3 glitter eye makeup looks
As gold is the colour of the festive season, we have created three beautfiful eye looks using our favourite gold glitter formulations to add some much needed sparkle to any makeup look and style.
1: Shimmering glow
We love to use: Cover FX Glitter Drops
- Begin by prepping your skin with the Cover FX Illuminating Primer to give your skin an all over glow and enhance the wear-time of your makeup.
- Apply a couple of drops of the Cover FX Glitter Drops in the shade Mirage, a pale gold, to the back of your hand for more control and ease of application.
- Taking a flat eyeshadow brush such as the Japonesque Cream Eye Shader Brush, apply the liquid glitter all over your eyelid, keeping the product below the crease. Build up intensity by layering the product to transform a fine shimmer to a rich, sparkling hue.
- Softly blend of the edges of the glitter and define your crease with a warm brown shadow like the BLEACH LONDON Louder Powder B 3 Ma with a fluffy brush. Take the same shade underneath your eye and softly blend.
- Finish your soft, simple glitter eye look with lashings of your favourite volumising mascara. We love using the Eyeko Black Magic Mascara.
Beautiful on the eyes as a glimmering shadow, the Cover FX Glitter Drops can also be used as a sparkling, metallic highlighter when applied to the high points of your face. Perfect for party season.
2. Glitter liner
We love to use: Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner
- To create a base for your glitter eyeliner, prep your lids with the Urban Decay Primer Potion and set in place with a light neutral matte shadow such as the shade Vibrate from the Urban Decay Naked Petite Heat Palette.
- Apply the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner along your lash line and create your desired shape. With a fine applicator brush, the product is so easy to apply and sets down in place after a couple of minutes. Layer to build up to your desired intensity.
- Complete your look with multiple layers of Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. With a pitch black formula, Perversion perfectly complements the sparkle of the glitter liner for a dramatic, alluring finish.
With minimal fuss and maxiumum impact, Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliners are a must-have product for party season. Apply as liner, all over your lid for an all-over sparkle or simply to the inner corner of your eye for a subtle, glamorous touch.
3. Statement glitter
We love to use: NYX Professional Makeup Face & Body Glitter
- As a base and primer, apply the NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eye Pencil in the shade Pure Gold all over your lid. Blend out the edges with either your fingers or a fluffy brush for a soft, diffused finish. Keep the colour concentrated on the lid to perfectly prep your eyes for glitter application.
- Apply the Jumbo Eye Pencil below the lower lash line and blend.
- Define your crease and further blend out your base by applying the soft matte brown shade from the NYX Professional Makeup Away We Glow Shadow Palette with the same fluffy brush. The shade will add definiton and perfectly frame your glitter once applied.
- To ensure your glitter stays in place all night long, apply the NYX Professional Makeup Glitter Primer to your lids to help set every fleck of glitter you apply.
- Taking a flat, synthetic brush, pack the NYX Professional Makeup Face & Body Glitter in Gold on top of the glitter base you have applied. Build up to your desired finish in thin, precise layers.
- Apply a few layers of mascara then add a final touch of drama to your look with a pair of false lashes. The NYX Professional Makeup Wicked Lashes in the style Vixen add just the perfect amount of length and volume to complete your statement party look.