MAC's Strobe Cream is one of the most iconic makeup products of all time. It's also one of the most versatile. In this guide, we will help you choose the best MAC Strobe Cream for your skin tone and also provide you with tips on how to apply this brilliant illuminating primer!
What is MAC Strobe Cream?
MAC Strobe Cream is a brightening moisturiser/primer, which helps to illuminate the skin and banish away any sign of dullness.
Packed with a dose of vitamins and green tea, the cream melts into the skin for a radiant canvas, which never feels sticky or heavy.
Also included in the range are the MAC Mini Strobe Cream which is perfect for travelling or if you're new to the product.
If you want to go full out and achieve flawless skin shop the MAC Prep Kit in Goldlite.
What Shade of Strobe Cream is Right for My Skin Tone?
Although you can wear whatever shade you love, we find that different colours of the Strobe Cream can work particularly well on different skin tones.
- Pinklite: Great for paler skin tones in need of a brightening boost.
- Goldlite: Great for medium to darker skin tones.
- Silverlite: Great for light to medium skin tones.
- Redlite: Great for skin with yellow undertones.
- Peachlite: Great for all skin tones.
How to Use the MAC Strobe Cream Primer
- As a primer: Apply directly to your skin with fingers or the MAC 190 Brush. By using a sheer veil all over, your skin will appear naturally luminous. Don't worry, it doesn't come out glittery; merely a beautiful illuminating cream.
- As a highlighter: Apply on top of your favourite MAC foundation for a more radiant finish. We love to use it where the light would naturally catch your face, such as on the high points of the cheekbones, cupid's bow and down the centre of your nose.
- Mix with foundation: You can even mix MAC Strobe Cream with your favourite MAC foundation. It won't affect the longevity of your face base, but it will add a gorgeous radiance.
- Mix your favourite shades together: This will help you create a customised look and colour for you.
Shop all MAC Face & Complexion Makeup on LOOKFANTASTIC