Last weekend saw a host of famous faces make it onto that infamous red carpet and sashay their gorgeous and intricate dresses down it. Sequins, glitter and copious amounts of tulle were modelled by the likes of Natalie Portman, Drew Barrymore and Lily Collins to show off what is undoubtedly one of the most fashion-forward events on the planet.
However, the Golden Globes are also a time when celebrities showcase their dewy complexions and perfectly done makeup looks to make us just that little bit more envious of their lives. This year, one of our favourite faces, Lily Collins showcased one of the most beautifully romantic, and ethereal makeup looks we have ever seen grace the red carpet. The brains behind this beauty was none other than international makeup artist, Fiona Styles, who relied on Lancôme to deliver these gorgeous results. Luckily for you, we have the step by step guide on how to get lovely like Lily…
How to achieve Lily Collins Golden Globes Makeup Look
The Face Base
- Nothing is more important than a well hydrated and looked after complexion to help your skin radiate with health, so to prep Lily’s face beforehand, Fiona used Lancôme’s Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum. Formulated with a unique cocktails of vitamins and antioxidants, the serum gives your skin an energy boost to help your complexion look brighter, healthier and ready for those cameras.
- To help give Lily an even complexion, Fiona then used the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra in 110, but choose whichever shade suits your skin tone best. The foundation is super long-lasting and has a matte finish to help even out uneven skin tone and cover any blemishes.
- The finished look is very romantic and fresh, so Fiona wanted to use a blusher in place of a bronzer to add a hint of rosy colour that would compliment Lily’s gorgeous dress! She used the Lancôme Blush Subtil in Aplum, shich gave a soft and dusky pop of colour to Lily’s cheeks.
What a dress! It was so beautiful and inspiring… we wanted to do a look that was beautiful, but also bold and chic. It’s such a modern look and Lily pulled it off incredibly! – International Makeup Artist, Fiona Styles
- It was important to Fiona to create a romantic look, which had shape but didn’t look over the top to stay in theme with Lily’s outfit. She actually used a Lancôme Lip Pencil, in 211, with the same Lancôme Blush Subtil in Aplum and dusted it all over to create a sheer wash of colour.
- As Lily already has beautiful lashes, Fiona only needed to apply a simple one to two coats to her eyes! She used the gorgeous Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara to give a little lift and volume and finish the eye look off. For this look in particular, Fiona didn’t apply mascara to the lower lashes to help keep it quite fresh.
- To finish off the entire makeup look, Fiona created a bold lip to draw everything together. She wanted them to be powdery and matte to stay with the ethereal theme, so she used the new L’Absolu Rouge in 132 and lightly dusted some loose powder over to remove any shine.