Vichy's Mineral 89 not only provides the skin with essential hydration using hyaluronic acid, but also helps to protect it against pollution, adding radiance, creating a plumper finish and providing an even base for makeup application.
While the Vichy Mineral 89 can be used under your moisturiser for an extra boost of moisture or on its own in the mornings. The lightweight texture feels like water on the skin and absorbs instantly, meaning you can get on with the rest of your routine.
We caught up with Dr. Anjali from Vichy, to find out more about what makes the product so special, and why we need it in our routines all-year round.
Everything You Need to Know about Vichy's Mineral 89
- Q What is the hero ingredient which makes it so fantastic?
- A "The Natural Origin Hyaluronic Acid. Coupled with the mineral-enriched Water concentrated at 89% for the first time! Together they form a powerful combination to strengthen skin barrier. Providing plump & protection against pollution".
- Q When should you use Mineral 89?
- A "Mineral 89 is your step 0 to be used after cleansing and before any skincare routine irrespective of what you use on your skin afterwards".
- Q Can it replace your moisturiser?
- A "Mineral 89 has been designed to be layered transversally before any skincare routine, so it can be used before your usual moisturiser but as its 24 h hydrating power can be sufficient for your skin, it can replace your moisturiser if you have normal skin".
- Q What do you love most about Mineral 89?
- A "Mineral 89 is effective at skin hydration and leaves skin optimised and prepared to receive the next steps of your routine and act as a canvas before makeup is applied".
- Q Can it be used on all skin types?
- A "Yes, it has been designed for all skin types and is gentle enough even for sensitive skin. No alcohol, no parabens, no silicon and no fragrance! A short list of 11 ingredients and nothing else".
- Q Describe your skincare routine.
- Q What is your one beauty tip for keeping the skin hydrated?
- A "Products containing hyaluronic acid can help improve skin hydration".
- Q What is the effect pollution can have on your skin?
- A "Pollution (through industries, cars, cigarette smoke…) is one of the biggest beauty enemies: it is rising everywhere today and London breaches the authorised limit every year. It affects our health and our skin directly. Due to very small particles that we call Particulate Matters 2.5, pollution can now penetrate inside our pores and generate a cascade of consequences such as dryness, dullness, irritations and first signs of ageing. Mineral 89 protects against pollution by strengthening the skin barrier and prevent from all these damages".