Everyone wants a healthy and bright white smile, and the best way to get one is by taking good care of your teeth. A quick fix is simply not the solution if you want a truly dazzling smile, so making sure to spend the time and energy needed to look after your teeth will ensure you end up with beautifully healthy pearly whites.
Once you get into a good dental hygiene routine, you can start to think about incorporating teeth whitening treatments into your regime to help lift off surface stains and give you a bright white smile. Visiting the dentist to do this can be costly and time consuming, so we have put together some of our favourite at-home whitening products to improve your smile and confidence.
Firstly though, some important tips on looking after your teeth and keeping them exceptionally healthy...
3 Top Tips For A Healthy Mouth
- Brush your teeth twice a day for 2 minutes each time. This may sound obvious, but many people can forget if they are tired or away from home. This helps to keep your teeth free from plaque and tartar build-up and keep your breath fresh. We love the FOREO ISSA Toothbrush, as the silicone brush head doesn't retain bacteria, making for an exceptionally clean brush. Use with Jason's Sea Fresh Toothpaste, which is enriched with Blue Sea Algae to detoxify your gums and keep your mouth healthy.
- Don't forget to floss! Yes, you may be tired after a long day at work, but flossing keeps your gums healthy and removes any remaining food and bacteria from your mouth.
- Mouthwash isn't necessary but it can make a difference to your confidence. Mouthwash is the cherry on top of the cake when it comes to dental hygiene. It helps rinse away any remaining bacteria and strengthen your teeth. We love the CB12 Mild Mint Mouthwash, which inhibits the formation of bacteria to leave you with sparklingly fresh breath.
FOREO ISSA™ (Various Shades) - Mint£149.00
JASON Sea Fresh Strengthening Toothpaste 170g4.75 Stars 4 Reviews£5.49
CB12 Mild Mint Menthol Mouthwash (250ml)£14.59
3 Top Tips For A Bright White Smile
If you don't want to spend hundreds on expensive teeth whitening treatments, but still want incredible results, then opt for at-home treatments that will leave you with a bright white smile.
- Swap your coffee for water. Coffee, cigarettes and red wine can all cause surface stains and yellow teeth, so swapping them for colourless fluids will leave you with a brighter smile. If you really can't live without your morning cup of coffee however, just wait an hour after finishing it and then brush your teeth.
- Use a whitening toothpaste. This may sound obvious, but whitening toothpastes can really make a difference to the colour of your teeth. The i-White toothpaste is formulated with Fluoride so can be used day and night to protect your teeth too.
- Invest in at-home whitening treatments. The Mr. Blanc Teeth Whitening Strips are super easy to use, give incredible and fast results to leave you with a dazzling smile and no sensitivity to your teeth. They are even included in this month's #LFJETSETTER Beauty Box if you want to try before you buy!