Blue hues on the eyes dominated the SS18 catwalks. Many design houses, from Chanel to Marni, adorned their models with striking colbalts and sea-inspired teal shades, reigniting the beauty industry's love of blue eye makeup.
To help you navigate this daring shade and create truly eye-catching looks, we've created an edit of our favourite ways to wear blue eye makeup and stay on-trend this summer.
How to wear blue eye makeup
Whether this is your first venture into blue makeup or you just want some new ideas on how to incorporate this divine shade into your beauty routine, we have chosen our favourite blue products and some tips and tricks to help you create fresh, modern looks for summer 2018.
Adding a touch of blue mascara to your lashes is the perfect place to start if you're experimenting with blue eye makeup for the first time. Beautiful on a neutral eye or a full on smokey look, blue mascara adds a little interest to any look you create. The benefit They're Real! Mascara in Blue is a royal blue take on the iconic They're Real Mascara. Smudge-free and long-lasting, the mascara coats your lashes in a beautiful blue hue.
How to wear:
- Apply a neutral-toned shadow, such as the benefit They're Real Duo Shadow Blender in Beyond Nude, all over your lid.
- Coat your top lashes with your favourite pitch-black mascara. We love the benefit BADgal Bang Mascara.
- Add a touch of the benefit They're Real Mascara in Blue to your bottom lashes for a cool, modern lash look.
Switch up your go-to cat eye liner look by using blue instead of your usual black liner. Prep your lids as normal and create your perfect eyeliner shape with ease. Perfect for day and night, this blue eye makeup look is the ideal way to include a little more colour into your everyday beauty routine. For a bold, colbalt blue, we love the Urban Decay Razor Sharp Liquid Liner in Chaos. For a disco-ready holographic eyeliner, opt for the NYX Holographic Halo Cream Eyeliner in Crystal Vault.
How to wear:
- Prep your lids with the Urban Decay Primer Potion to prevent your liner from creasing, helping it to stay in place all day.
- Take the Urban Decay Razor Sharp Liquid Liner in Colbalt and draw three dots on your eye, one in the inner corner, one in the centre of your eye just above the lash liner and one at a slight angle from the corner of your eye.
- Just the dots together with the liner in one fluid motion. Make sure the coluor is opaque and fills the cat flick down to your lash line.
- To complete your look, apply Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Chaos to your upper water line.
Go bold with glitter
If you're slightly more daring and comfortable with colour, go bold with blue glitter eye makeup this summer. No longer a messy, difficult to use product, glitter is now perfect for makeup newbies thanks to innovative, creamy formulations. We absolutely love the Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow Duo Chrome in Into The Blue and the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Sparkle Stick in Sapphire Blue to create truly eye-catching, metallic looks.
How to wear:
- Simply apply the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Sparkle Stick in Sapphire Blue all over your lids, even going slightly past your crease and blend out with your fingers or a fluffy, tapered brush.
- Follow your glitter eyeshadow with lashings of mascara. We absolutely love the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara when we are creating a glitter, smokey eye. Add multiple layers to create a bold and alluring eye look.