No party look is complete without gorgeously plump, kissable lips. Whether you are a lover of a soft nude lip, a classic red or want to experiment with your lip look this party season, we have you covered. We've collected together our favourite lip products and top tips to help you achieve a truly eye-catching lip look.
It is so important to prep your lips before applying your favourite lipstick for a smooth, even finish. Take a couple of minutes before starting your makeup to prepare your lips for a gorgeously soft pout by the time it comes to lipstick.
- Firstly, exfoliate your lips using a lip scrub. Use the Bliss Fabulips Sugar Lip Scrub in small circular motions to buff away dry patches. The scrub contains Jojoba Seed and Cocoa Butters which nourishes your lips whilst exfoliating.
- Next, use a lip mask such as the STARSKIN DREAMLIPS Plumping and Hydrating Bio-Cellulose Lip Mask to intensely hydrate your lips. Packed with Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid, the STARSKIN Lip Mask smooths the lips, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Finally, apply a lip plumping treatment to create the illusion of a fuller pout. The GLAMGLOW Plumprageous Matte Lip Treatment is gorgeous when applied as the last preparation step before your make up. It works to plump the lips yet, unlike many lip enhancers, it has a matte finish, making it the perfect base for your favourite lip product.
3 Lip Looks for the Party Season
1. A Perfect Nude Lip
For a fuss-free party lip, opt for a gorgeous soft nude shade.
- Line your lips with the Lipstick Queen Lip Liner in 'Nude'. The soft, creamy formula is perfect for over-lining your lips and adding definition.
- Apply the Lipstick Queen Nothing But the Nudes Lipstick in 'The Whole Truth'. Infused with Vitamin E and Pomegranate Extract, this ultra-comfortable, formula smooths over your lips leaving behind an opaque peach-toned nude hue.
- For a festive touch, transform your gorgeous nude lip by layering the Lipstick Queen Altered Universe Lip Gloss in 'Time Warp' on top of your lipstick for a metallic, out of this world finish.
2. The Classic Red Lip
A classic red lip is the perfect way to make your favourite makeup look instantly party ready.
- Use the Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil in 'Bad Blood' to line your lips. When wearing red lipstick, it is important to line your lips to help keep the intense colour in place and create a defined look.
- Layer the Urban Decay Vice Comfort Matte Lipstick in the shade 'Doubt' on top of your lip liner.
- Using a flat brush, such as the Sigma F75 Concealer Brush, carve out your lips with the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer. The concealer will help to clean up the edges of your lipstick for an ultra-defined, polished look.
3. An Alternative Party Lip
If you want to try something a little different this party season, go bold and make a statement by choosing an edgy, alternative lip colour.
- Line your lips with the NYX Suede Matte Lip Liner in 'Stone Fox'.
- Apply the Ciate London Glitter Flip Lipstick in 'Iconic' all over your lips. The deep midnight blue colour is sure to make a statement. Once completely dry, press your lips together to transform the product into a multi-dimesional, glittery liquid lipstick. The Glitter Flip Lipsticks are the perfect way to achieve an on-trend glitter lip without mess and fallout.