The dark circles under our eyes are often the most noticeable tell-tale sign of a lack of sleep. As the delicate skin around our eyes is much thinner than the skin on the rest of our complexion, it needs a gentle products and tender application.
As a result of being so delicate, the skin around our eyes is more vulnerable to the effects of dehydration, allergies and sleep deprivation. Choosing the right product can help to smooth the skin and minimise the appearance of dark circles for a more refreshed, energised look.
What causes dark circles under eyes?
Although we connect dark circles to a lack of sleep alone, many of us suffer more so with pigmentation underneath our eyes as a result of our genetics. The reason we have dark circles around our eyes that simply don’t shift may be due to the fact that excessive pigmentation around the area is simply hereditary.
In addition, dark circles can also be caused by inflammation or irritation around the eye area, made worse with rubbing, scratching and simply ageing as the skin gets thinner and collagen depletes. Stress and a lack of sleep are also key causes of dark circles forming or worsening underneath your eyes.
Which are the best eye creams for dark circles?
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
- Eyeko Eye Boost Serum
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Eye Complex
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
- Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream
- Filorga Optim-Eyes Eye Contour Cream
- Dr Dennis Gross Skincare C+Collagen Brighten and Firm Eye Cream
- Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift
- Shiseido Bio-Performance Glow Revival Eye Treatment
- philosophy Miraculous Anti-Ageing Retinoid Eye Repair