Fragrance shopping online can be a seriously tricky business. With scent being so personal, if you haven’t tried it, how do you know if you truly like it?
Luckily, there are some little tips and tricks you can apply to help you find your signature scent without needing to spritz it. Interested? Read on to discover more.
1. Stick with your fragrance family
There are 4 dominant scent families, which make up the majority of fragrances. These include floral, woody, oriental and citrus.
- Floral – Notes include rose, jasmine, tuberose.
- Woody – Notes include vanilla, cedar, sandalwood.
- Oriental – Notes include oud, clove, pepper
- Citrus – Notes include lemon, mandarin, grapefruit.
If your favourite scent falls into the floral family, look out for other floral scents as it is highly likely you will love these. Similarly, if you’re more inclined to lean towards woody scents, choose fragrances that are warming and more unisex.
Best floral perfumes
These are the scents that combine a beautiful array of botanicals and florals to create super feminine and sophisticated fragrances.