If you're a wedding guest this summer, you'll want the perfect wedding guest makeup. Whether you're heading abroad or staying in the country, we have the perfect products designed to flatter, enhance and radiate your natural beauty.
Which is the right wedding guest makeup look for me?
The garden party
If you're heading to the countryside this summer to celebrate your friend getting married, chances are you'll be spending a little time outside enjoying the sunshine. If this is the case, and you're heading to the most celebratory of garden parties, you will need lightweight makeup that looks fresh, as well as a spritz of floral perfume to match your botanical surroundings.
- Opt for a maximum of SPF 15 foundation. You'll need some protection as you're outside, but anymore and you'll get flashback in photos.
- Do wear a dewy and fresh blusher; bronzer is not for the occasion here.
- Don't forget a floral scent - nothing says English summer quite like jasmine and rose inspired fragrances.
- Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation looks so natural but can be built up well. It gives a sheer glow that lets your natural beauty shine through.
- NARS Orgasm Blush is the perfect hint of colour; universally flattering on all skin tones. Plus, Meghan Markle is reportedly a fan.
- Name a more perfect wedding fragrance name than Because It's You by Armani? It's filled with rose absolute, neroli and vanilla.
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF15 30ml (Various Shades)4.64 Stars 11 Reviews£34.50
NARS Cosmetics Blush (Various Shades)4.84 Stars 85 Reviewsfrom£17.50
Armani Because It's You Eau de Parfum 100ml5 Stars 1 Reviews£95.00
The black tie ball
Heading to somewhere a little more formal and dressed-up? Think Olivia Lerner in Bride Wars aka Kate Hudson. A natural smokey eye, lashings of mascara and a hint of glossy colour on the lips. Not forgetting the Vera Wang Perfume, as wedding guest etiquette wouldn't permit us to come waltzing in in a custom-made Vera Wang gown.
- Learn how to perfect the smudged eye liner look under the eye. It will take practice.
- Keep a coloured balm in your handbag throughout the day to add colour and gloss. Multitasking makeup as its best.
- A more matte base looks better in these scenarios - you're in a ballroom not a beach. Sweaty complexion is not the look.
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric SPF25 Foundation feels lightweight, yet looks matte and won't budge. Plus, it has low SPF for all the photos.
- MAC's Eye Kohl Pencil Liner is creamy and easy to smudge out. Choose shade 'Teddy' for a natural look.
- The Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in the shade '46 Orange Perfecto' adds a hint of colour and amazing lustre to lips.
Armani Power Fabric SPF 25 Foundation 30ml (Various Shades)4.16 Stars 25 Reviews£43.00
MAC Eye Kohl Pencil Liner (Various Shades)4.5 Stars 18 Reviews£15.00
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick 4ml (Various Shades)4.62 Stars 13 Reviewsfrom£18.00
The boho beach do
Who could resist RSVP'ing to a wedding on the beach? The perfect wedding guest makeup here is incredibly light, fresh and minimal. Think multitasking products with a gorgeous shimmering eye look. Opt for natural and clean brands as you're at one with nature, and please do not forget the OUAI Wave Spray for beautiful boho curls that last through the night.
- Don't forget to pack your curling tong for natural waves. We love the ghd Curve Soft Curl Tong with a chunky barrell for looser waves.
- Don't pack foundation; it'll crease in the heat and leave your skin looking oily. Opt for BB or CC cream instead such as the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream with SPF30. If you have a spot, dab a small amount of Too Faced Born This Way Concealer on the imperfection.
- Skip the blusher and opt for bronzer for a natural, sunkissed look.
- By Terry's Cellularose CC Serum feels super lightweight yet adds gorgeous radiance and can be worn alone or underneath your base to perfect and enhance your skin.
- Create a soft and subtle bronze smoke with the aptly named Morphe 9B Bronzed Babe Eye Shadow Palette.
- Turn the Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess into your beach goddess bronzer. It's universally flattering.
By Terry Cellularose CC Serum 30ml (Various Shades)4.46 Stars 59 Reviews£61.00
Morphe 9B Bronzed Babe Eye Shadow Palette4.5 Stars 2 Reviews£12.00
Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer 21g4.69 Stars 16 Reviews£34.00
The rustic affair
If you're heading to a converted barn this summer and want the perfect wedding guest makeup look, you'll want to opt for a red lip, lightly highlighted skin and great brows. You want a naturally strong finish to your complexion that blends in with your equally natural but structured surroundings. Oh, and do not under any circumstance forget to wear the Paco Rabanne Olympéa Eau de Parfum. It settles into a delicate Sandalwood scent; perfect for the occasion.
- Don't wear a smokey eye makeup look. The red lip will be strong enough.
- Do get your brows shaped beforehand. The product will then add a touch of colour and definition.
- Go subtle on the highlight; you're not heading into outer space.
- MAC's Ruby Woo is a cult product that suits all skin tones. Sheer it out for a lighter look or build-up if you want to go bolder.
- Sweep benefit Gimme Brow through your brows for a natural yet strong look. If you want to add a little more definition, add in some brow pencil to create natural hair-like strokes.
- Perfect your skin by applying MAC's Prep + Prime Fix + Pinklite. It sets your foundation and adds a luminous sheen.