We’ve all heard of Benefit cosmetics, falling for their cult beauty products that get the beauty world in a flurry of excitement with every new release. With a team of experts behind them it’s not hard to see why beauty bloggers and Make Up artists can’t resist using their make up.
Lisa Potter Dixon is the Head Make Up & Trend Artist & Brow Expert at Benefit Cosmetics, so she knows a thing or two when it comes to getting a flawless complexion. We invited Lisa over to our Facebook page to answer your questions and let you in on some of her favourite products from Benefit.
Make Up Tips from Lisa Potter Dixon
- Q If you weren’t a makeup artist what would you do?
- A Oooo good question. I’d probably be a shoe designer! I have 191 pairs and love shoes! Ha! It would be much cheaper if I could design my own...
- Q I’ve recently discovered Benefit Boi-ing concealer, is this good for oily skin?
- A It is amazing! It’s an industrial strength concealer with a light weight finish-it covers everything! Good buy.
- Q I’m going to a wedding. What order should I apply my foundation, powder and highlighter in for flash photography?
- A Mix the highlighter with your foundation, then apply this. Next apply your powder just on your T zone and chin. Then apply extra Highlighter under your brow bones and down the center of your nose. Sun Beam is like a liquid gold highlighter that looks gorgeous in photos. Have fun at the wedding!
- Q Whats your advice to look fresh and cool in the summer instead of hot and sweaty?
- A Try Porefessional primer under make up to take away excess oil-you can use it over the top too. Avoid powders as these can look cakey in the heat
- Q I have very pale skin and blue veins showing through my eyelids and crease area. What should I use to neutralize the veins and not have to worry about my eyeshadow creasing?
- A Stay Don’t stray is an amazing eye primer that evens out the eye lid, covers problem areas and keeps your eye shadow in place longer! You can use it on the eye lid and under the eye too! It’s fab.
- Q What 2 products would you take on a desert Island with you?
- A Eeekkk! I get asked this a lot and it’s so tough! But I would have to say Browzings and They’re real. I don’t leave the house without good brows and luscious lashes!
- Q Which lip colour would you recommend for this summer. Do you also have any products that help lipstick stay on for longer?
- A I love our lip and cheek tints. Cha cha tint is my fave! They are waterproof and stay put for up to 8hrs! Yay!
- Q What’s your Best beauty tip?
- A Ooh that’s a hard one! I would say to put your mascara on the bottom lashes first- so that when you look up, you don’t get mascara on your eye shadow
- Q Which mascara would you recommend to lengthen lashes?
- A Definitely Benefit’s They’re Real mascara-it’s the no. 1 best selling mascara in the UK for good reason- it lengthens, curls and volumises! Yay!
- Q What would you recommend as the best products and technique to get defined but natural looking eyebrows?
- A Firstly I would recommend visiting one of our brow bars to have your brows tinted and groomed by our brow experts- they will show you how to get the perfect shaped brows for you. Then try Browzings wax and powder kit. It is the no. 1 best selling brow product on the market. It defines the brows and makes them look thicker and fuller instantly!
- Q What Make Up should we be taking with us on holiday?
- A On holiday you don’t want to wear much Make Up. Go for a light foundation like Hello Flawless Oxygen which has SPF 25 in it! I always take one of our tints with me- they are for your lips and cheeks and are waterproof! Also, get your brows and lashes tinted before your hols for long lasting, perfect brows and lashes that won’t run down your face the pool!
- Q For combination skin, which type of foundation do u suggest I use? Powder or liquid?
- A Liquid foundation is better as powder can someone sit in the dry areas. Try Benefit’s Hello Flawless Oxygen wow! It’s oil free, buildable and it has SPF25 and triple protection from sunburn and sun damage!