What does Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream do?
The new Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream is extremely unique. Not only does it instantly refresh, de-puff and brighten your eyes (in no less than 3 seconds we may add), but over time, it works to keep your eyes sparkling, hydrated and healthy. It also helps to smooth the application of under-eye makeup so you can achieve a flawless finish every time.
How does Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream work?
The Clinique Pep-Start cream is a unique blend of 7 peptides which help to maintain and boost collagen levels in the skins cells to keep it plumped and youthful. A combination of fatigue, stress and everyday life can wreak havoc on the skin, and as the skin under the eyes is one of the most delicate and thinnest parts of the body, it needs extra protection to keep it healthy and youthful.
What are Peptides?
Peptides are proteins which are very rich in Amino Acids; helping to target signs of ageing to leave skin feeling smoother, more youthful and better protected. Clinique’s Pep-Start Eye Cream contains a blend of 7 peptides which work to stimulate collagen and elastin production so the skin under the eyes appears brighter, plumper and healthier.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 and Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12 – These peptides work to stimulate natural collagen and elastin production in the skins cells. This keeps the skin plumped and banishes signs of fatigue, dark circles and discolouration under the eyes.
- Whey Protein – This is extremely rich in Amino Acids which helps to firm the delicate skin under and around the eyes to leave it feeling firmer and more youthful.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-07 – These 2 peptides are combined together which increases their effectiveness at stimulating Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen and Fibronectin; alleviating inflammation and increasing hydration.
- Trifluoroacetyl Tripeptide-2 – This little peptide helps to improve the elasticity in the skins cells to prevent sagging, fine lines and wrinkles. It also reduces the production of Progerin, which is a toxic protein that can cause premature ageing.
- Soybean Protein – This is extremely rich in Polysaccharides, (responsible for retaining water and hydration in the skin) which helps to revitalise and refresh tired complexions.
- Caffeine – While you may know Caffeine as being responsible for boosting your energy on Monday morning, what you may not know is that it can also stimulate your skin and perk up your complexion. A great puffiness reducer, this little miracle ingredient will leave you looking gorgeous and fresh.
- Phytosphingosine – While you may not have heard of this particular substance, it can actually work wonders for your skin by reducing the amount of fluid under the eyes. This helps to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
- Algae Extract – This botanical extract helps to soothe the skin and calm down any irritation, which reduces redness and puffiness and leaves skin smooth and hydrated.
- Molasses Extract – Working to brighten your eye area and leave you looking more awake, Molasses Extract is great for making your eyes appear healthier and more youthful.
- Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract – This works to calm and soothe the skin under the eyes to banish dark circles and leave your eyes feeling refreshed.
- Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract and Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum – These are both excellent botanicals at fighting signs of fatigue and leaving your eyes feeling rejuvenated.
How to use the Pep-Start Eye Cream
Squeeze a small amount of the Pep-Start Eye Cream out of the tube and swipe this around the eye-area using the specially designed spherical tip. Pat in any excess product lightly with your fingertips. Make sure you do not rub in! Your eyes will appear much brighter and refreshed.