t LF HQ we are huge fans of Redken’s muse of the moment, Sky Ferreira. Her ever changing style and rebellious attitude makes her the perfect face for Redken styling as she continually transforms her hair to suit her mood, using a different Redken product every time.
“For me, style is a journey – not a destination. It’s about attitude. It’s about inspiration. It’s about discovering the look I want and going for it, no holds barred. So what do I want? I want styling products that help me tell my story – my look, my style, my personality. What makes me me. I want new textures and amazing fragrances and products to match my every mood” – Sky Ferreira
To have great hair is to embrace change and with Redken Flex pastes you are able to become a multitude of characters with the simplest of styling techniques. So let us show you how to recreate Sky’s favourite looks, all impossible without the multi talented flex pastes that give hold, shape and texture.
Look#1 – FLEX
Step 1 – Prime
- Shake well and mist Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer onto Damp Hair.
Step 2 – Style
- Apply Shape Factor 22 Sculpting Cream Paste at the root and blow dry with a small round brush to create volume.
- Set hair with a 1″ curling iron. Secure with pins and allow to cool.
- Once hair is cool warm up Diamond Oil Shatter-proof Shine in your hands and run through lengths. Break up the set with a natural bristle paddle brush.
- Create an Italian twist: Gather hair to centre crown area and roll downward into the nape area, keeping the hair Flex close to the head.
- Tuck the loose ends into the twist and secure with hairpins. Allow shorter lengths to fall naturally.
- For the top, use Mess Around 10 Disrupting Cream paste to shape and add flexible texture.
- Finish with Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray.
Why we love Shape Factor 22
This amazing paste gives the power of hairspray in a cream/wax form. Ideally for shorter hair this Flex paste will create definition and allow you to sculpt, shape and even reshape your locks. The Shape Factor paste gives a matte finish so dig in and watch your hair take hold.
Why we love Mess Around 10
This smooth paste is perfect for those of you who long for shiny, medium hold locks with movement. The Mess Around Flex paste is ideal for any length hair and is easy to spread throughout your hair and ends, giving a flexible texture.
Look#2 – HEAT STYLING
Step 1 – Prime
- Shake well and mist pillow proof dry express primer onto damp hair.
Step 2 – Style
- Layer on Move Ability 05 lightweight defining cream-paste.
- Working from a side part, blow dry and smooth the root area with a vent brush. Use your fingers and a blow dryer with a diffuser to shape and dry the lengths.
- Use a curling iron to enhance the look or to create bend in naturally straight hair. Mist Iron Shape 11 finishing thermal spray all over dry hair, then wrap randoms ections around a horizontally placed curling iron. Leave the ends out for an undone look.
- Finish with Wax Blast 10 high impact finishing spray wax.
Step 3 – Extend
- Reapply Move Ability 05 to lengths to enhance waves.
Why we love Move Ability 05
This lightweight defining cream gives hair flexibility and shine without weighing it down. This Flex paste is great for those of you that like change. The unique formula gives mild hold, allowing you to create a range of styles all in one day with ease.