Redken were responsible for styling the models at the Victoria Beckham AW16 New York Fashion Show, and we cannot help but love the low ponytail that their Global Creative Director Guido, created. He took the simple and everyday ponytail hairstyle and turned it into a something sleek and modern using a mix of Redken styling products and tools.
Low Ponytail Hairstyle with Redken
- Apply a single pump of Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer throughout towel-dried hair and comb through so that it is evenly distributed. The Pillow Proof Primer will help to cut down drying time and provide essential heat protection to keep your hair free from damage.
- Follow this with the Redken Satin Wear 02 Prepping Blow-Dry Lotion and work through the hair with your fingers. This will help to reduce breakage so your hair feels silky soft and smooth, and is left protected and nourished.
- Blow-dry your hair towards the back of your head whilst creating a clean and even parting. As you dry, use both your fingers and a brush to groom the hair back.
- Once hair is completely dry, spritz Redken Pure Force 20 on the crown of your head to secure your parting and prevent frizziness and fly-aways. The hairspray will also keep your style strong and shiny throughout the day.
- Use your fingers to style the hair back into a very low ponytail which you can secure with a simple elastic band.
- Take a one-inch curling iron and style the hair in small sections. Curl the ends gently to create soft bends which will help add volume and movement.
- To finish the Redken Low Ponytail Look, take the Pure Force 20 Hairspray and lightly spray over the crown of the head and ponytail which will help give long-lasting shine and hold.