We all know the sign of a good foundation is when you can’t tell you’re not wearing it. Your perfect match should blend seamlessly into your natural skin, bringing out your natural beauty and setting you up with a flawless canvas for the rest of your makeup. However, sometimes it can be difficult finding the right shade; we’ve put together all of our top match-making tips to help you find your one true match.
Step 1 – Identify your skin tone
To decide your skin tone, you have to identify whether you have warm or cool undertones. Relating to warm and cool colours as on the colour wheel, your skin undertone is the colour that comes though from under the skin.
You are likely to have a warmer skin tone if
- You suit gold Jewellery better than silver
- You have brown eyes
- You have warmer red tones in your hair
- You have green veins on your wrist rather than blue
You are likely to have a cooler skin tone if
- You suit silver Jewellery better than gold
- You have blue or green eyes
- You have blonde, brown or black hair with cooler tones
- You have blue veins on your wrist rather than green