Redken’s Global Creative Director Guido Palau was responsible for creating the grunge hair looks for the Christopher Kane Spring Summer 2016 London Fashion Show. The look was independent and rebellious, using added extensions and accessories to keep hair in place.
The end result? Guido describes the look as “very raw, tough and boyish” and we cannot help but think that this look truly represents the beautiful eccentricity of London Fashion Week. Read on to find out how to try the catwalk look for yourself.
Grunge Hair with Redken
- The look needs to start with damp hair so is best done after towel-drying your hair post-shower when hair is clean. Smooth Redken Align-12 from the mid-lengths to the ends of the hair to control and tame any frizziness. Work this through until it feels dry on the hair.
- Once your hair has been completely dried, create an even middle parting. Take one-inch sections of hair from each side of your head and pull tightly behind the ears. Secure these pieces to your head with pins placed underneath at the nape of the neck.
- Apply either 2 or 3 hair extensions (depending on the length and thickness of your natural hair) that match your colour to your hairline. These need to cover your face.
- Trim the hair extensions to create a rough fringe (Guido recommends using a razor to create an edgy finish.)
- Spray Redken Pure Force 20 all over the the hair. Focus this on the fringe to hold it in place and create a wet and grungy finish.
- Secure the hair back on either side of your head with 2 bobby pins. These need to be placed towards the top of the head to create volume and lift. Finish the look by spraying Redken Pure Force 20 all over to secure hair in place.
- For extra radiance, add Redken Diamond Oil High Shine into the routine for a super glossy finish.