Redken’s Global Creative Director Guido created the modern curly hairstyle at the Prada Autumn/Winter 2016 show. The finish was a classical curl which had a raw and modern twist. This brought a fresh perspective to the romantic wave which we have seen sweep the catwalks previously. Using a mix of Redken products, the finished look reflected a tougher and more independent perspective on the curl that we know.
How to get Wavy Hair with Redken
- After washing your hair, dry as usual.
- Create a deep side part to the left of the head. Keep it messy instead of clean and even to achieve modern, tousled waves.
- Use a 16mm curling wand to create the same size spiral curl as the image above. Curl all your hair to create these tight curls.
- After curling, brush through your hair with your fingers to break up the tight spirals.
- Lightly spritz the hair with water to add weight to the hair and create texture.
- Spray Redken’s Wax Blast 10 High Impact Finishing Spray-Wax all over the hair. Pay particular attention to the crown of the head and mid-lengths. When applying this product, make sure you press it down into the hair to flatten the tight curls.
- Secure the flattened hair with clips for approximately 20 minutes to ensure that hair remains smooth.
- Remove the clips and spritz all over with Redken Fashion Work 12 Hairspray.
- Style by pushing hair behind the ears to finish the look.