I was lucky enough to spend the day at the THG Prestige Beauty Awards at The Club at The Ivy. The Hut Group’s first beauty awards were held to celebrate some of the fantastic brands we supply on our health & beauty websites including Lookfantastic.
Here is my insider diary account of what happened on the day:
06:30 – Early wake up, showered, got dressed and generally made myself look beautiful in preparation for the big day.
07.45 – Arrived at The Club at The Ivy, headed up what seemed like a neverending flight of stairs and finally emerged into the loft room at the top of the building. We were blessed with a glorious day and the sun was shining through the stain glass art deco windows of The Ivy.
08:30 – The lovely makeup artists from Benefit arrived and began setting up there amazing array of makeup and goodies. I was lucky enough to get my lipstick touched up by the lovely Lisa Potter-Dixon
09:00 – Our presenter of the awards Caggie Dunlop from Made In Chelsea arrived at The Club at The Ivy, looking gorgeous she changed into her Finders Keepers dress from Coggles.com and then sat down to have her makeup done.
09:30 – The goody bags arrive and we lay them out on the entrance table. In this amazing bag was a set of colour care shampoo and conditioner from Redken, an Elemis shower gel, Nars eyeshadow palette, Kérastase Couture Styling Spray á Porter and last but not least the new Gwen Stefani Collection from OPI.
10:30 – We are all ready to go, as the awards start we hear from general manager Rachel Horsefield first then The Hut Group CEO for Prestige Paul Gedman and finally Caggie starts to announce the winners.
- Best New Launch 2013 – Benefit The POREfessional: Agent Zero Shine
- Rising Star Award – Jurlique
- Best Skincare Product – GLAMGLOW Youth Mud Face Mask
- Best Nail Product – Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat
- Best Hair care Product – Kerastase Elixir Ultime
- Best Male Grooming Product – American Crew Fiber
- Best Hair Styling Product – Redken 20 Rough Clay
- Best Fragrance – Paul Smith Extreme
- Best Cosmetics Product – bareMinerals Original SP15 Foundation
- Best Beauty Appliance – The ghd IV Styler
- Best Bath and Body Product – Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper Body Wash
- Lookfantastic’s Best Brand – Kerastase
- HQHair’s Best Brand – Nars
- Mankind’s Best Brand – Lab Series Skincare
- Beauty Expert’s Best Brand – Eve Lom
11:30 – The awards finish and I am lucky enough to interview the lovely bloggers and vloggers Gracie from Ugly Face Of Beauty, Mary from Another Girls Life and Sabrina from A Little Obsessed.
11:35 – The winners get their pictures taken with Rachel, Paul and Caggie.
11:45 – We are lucky enough to steal Caggie away for a quick interview before her cab comes to pick her up. We quiz her on her favourite brands, products at the moment and top tips.
12:00 – The guests start to dissipate and we distribute the goody bags, listening to everyone’s kind words about the awards makes all our hard work worth it, the Lookfantastic team is excited the awards were a success and start to plan next years.