Aloe Vera is one of the unsung heroes of the summer. Although a member of the cactus family, it does absolutely everything but irritate your skin. It’s soothing gel-like juices cool the skin and reduce all matter of afflictions, from sunburn and redness, to dehydration and inflammation.
Hailing from dry and hot climates such as India and Africa, it has been used as a holistic medical treatment for years, and even centuries. In the summer, it’s the perfect ingredient to add to your beauty routine and keep your skin gorgeously hydrated and soft.
How Aloe Vera Benefits the Skin
Aloe Vera itself contains over 200 vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids, making it a skin-loving powerhouse. Its incredibly soothing and calming properties make it the perfect ingredient to quench sun-drenched skin and leave it feeling comfortable and beautifully glowing.
This mix of vitamins and minerals helps to improve the collagen and elasticity of the skin, working to reduce wrinkles and leave the complexion youthful, soft and smooth. As a result, it also helps to ease the symptoms associated with acne, as it helps to reduce inflammation and promote healthy cell renewal.
- Start your skincare routine with the Alpha-H Aloe Vera Cleanser. It’s an incredibly delicate and gentle texture that soothes stressed out complexions, and nurtures very sensitive skin types.
- Follow with the Pixi Glow Tonic. Even sensitised skin needs exfoliation, and this gentle Glycolic Acid toner also contains Aloe Vera to help hydrate as it detoxes.
- Follow with the Skin79 Jelly Mask, which is a gel-like formula, helping to immediately cool and calm sore and sun-drenched skin.
- Once a week, use a detoxifying mask enriched with Aloe Vera to draw out impurities without compromising on the health of your skin. Vichy’s Pre Refining Clay Mask ticks all the boxes.
- Finish your routine with a nurturing eye cream that moisturises the delicate eye area and reduces puffiness. We love the Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Cream for a luxurious treat.