The August edition of lookfantastic Beauty Talks was all about being bold and beautiful with your makeup looks.
We shared with you some of our favourite products and gave away some of top tips and tricks to help you create truly eye-catching looks for any end of summer parties you may be attending.
We gathered together some of the questions throughout our live that we may have missed and have answered them below!
- Q Are the YSL liquid lipsticks drying? I have tried a lot of brand sin the past and they feel so dry on my lips!
- A Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Lipsticks have a 'second-skin' feel which make them so lightweight and comfortable on the lips. Although they have a rich, matte finish, they do not feel drying like many liquid lipstick formulas and instead keep you lips looking smooth and plump.
- Q Is the Grow Gorgeous Rescue & Repair range suitable for all hair types?
- A The Grow Gorgeous Recue and Repair Shampoo and Conditioner works so well on all hair types and textures, working to repair any damage caused by heat, styling and chemical treatments. If you have particularly fine, flat hair, use the Rescue and Repair Conditioner sparingly - applying just a small drop the very ends of your hair to avoid weighing down your locks.
- Q What is the best moisturiser for dry skin? Everything I try soaks in too quickly and doesn't feel very hydrating.
- A For particularly dry, dull skin, using a rich illuminating moisturiser is a great way to add a boost of hydration back into the complexion and enhance your skin's natural radiance. The Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser is a wonderful option for those with lack-lustre, dry skin. Enriched with Apple Pectin and Plum Almond Oil, the luxurious cream deeply hydrates the skin and delivers long-lasting moisture which keeps your skin soft and comfortable throughout the day.
- Q My pores are always visible and my foundation does not sit well on my skin, what primer should I use to help this?
- A If you want to smooth your complexion and minimise the appearance of pores, you need to use a silicone-based primer. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Blur Primer helps to create an ultra-smooth surface which extrends the lasting power of your makeup, keeping your complexion looking perfect for longer. The shimmer-flecked gel adds a natural radiance to the complexion whilst balancing oils to create a flawless, balanced base for your makeup.
- Q I have really long hair and the ends often get quite dry, what products should I be using the help this?
- A When your hair is dry, it needs serious nourishment and TLC. Every time you wash you hair, use deeply hydrating shampoos and conditioners to add hydrating back into your locks rather than stripping them of natural oils. The Kérastase Nutritive Bain Satin 1 and Nutritive Lait Vital Duo is the perfect haircare routine for dry hair. Enriched with an Irisome Complex and Glucose Proteins, the duo replenishes each hair from root to tip, leaving your hair hydrated and beautifully shiny. Treatments are also so important if you have very dry hair. The Redken Extreme Length Sealer Split End Treatment has been specially designed to repair the look of dry ends, quenching dry and brittle hairs to leave your tresses sleek and silky soft.
- Q I have small lips and red lip looks tend to make them look smaller. What product would you suggest?
- A When you have a smaller pout, prep is key when you are wearing a red lipstick. Begin by applying Project Lip Matte Plumping Primer all over your lips. Upon application, the volume-boosting formula tingles on the lips and plumps by stimulating the production of collagen in the skin to visibly increse the size of your lips. Next, line your lips. Taking a classic bold red shade such as MAC Lip Pencil in Ruby Woo, line your lips just above your natural lip line, creating the illusion of a fuller pout. Make sure not to extend too much to avoid a noticeable gap between your lip line and the pencil line you have created. Complete by applying your favourite red lipstick.
- Q I want a foundation to cover dark patches on my skin that has a medium coverage. What would you suggest?
- A Many who suffer with pigmentation on their skin don't want to use a full coverage foundation as they can often feel heavy and cakey on the skin. Choosing a medium-coverage base product will help to cover imperfections whilst still allowing your skin to show through. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Le Teint Foundation is a perfect option for those who need good coverage but still want their complexion to look just like skin. With just the perfect amount of coverage, the foundation enhances the natural luminosity of the skin for a radiant finish.
- Q What is anti-pollution skincare? What makes some skincare protective against pollution?
- A Pollution has become a real focus for the beauty industry over the last couple of years. As air pollution levels continue to rise, a lot of research has been done to develop beauty products which protect our skin against the damaging effects of pollution. We have written a blog all about the effects of pollution of the skin here which details everything you need to know about how pollution can harm your skin and how to prevent it.
- Q I have really oily skin and struggle to find a hydrating moisturiser which doesn't leave me greasy. Can you help?
- A It is hard to find a hydrating moisturiser for oily skin. As most moisturisers designed specifically for oily skin are very thin and lightweight, they do not hydrate as deeply as many of us need or would like. Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly is a super light, fast-absorbing formula which balances and hydrates oily skin. Fortified with Hyaluronic Acid, the oil-free jelly hydrates and plumps the skin without leaving it feeling greasy.