When it comes to keeping your locks gorgeous, healthy and radiant, it takes more than shampoo, conditioner and weekly mask treatments. It takes the team of experts at Grow Gorgeous and their newest product launch: The Scalp Detox.
Like makeup covers imperfections temporarily, and skincare helps to them heal permanently; hair masks mask the problem, while scalp treatments can help to cure.
If you haven't yet tried a scalp treatment, they're not just a passing beauty fad that you will get bored of. They should be an essential part of any beauty enthusiast's haircare regime, thanks to their very special ability to give you gorgeous hair.
What is a Scalp Treatment?
A scalp treatment is a detox mask that helps to decongest your hair, scalp and follicles. While regular hair masks can work to condition and nourish your hair, they can actually cause product build-up, which can reverse their brilliant benefits and leave you with oily, dry or dulling locks.
The benefit of a scalp treatment is that they remove excess oil, dirt and root-blocking impurity build-up, so that your shampoo, conditioner and mask treatment can actually do their job properly. The result is soft, shiny, bouncy and beautifully healthy hair.
The Grow Gorgeous Scalp Detox
When it comes to understanding the needs of your hair (and scalp), there's no one more qualified for the job than the experts at Grow Gorgeous.
The brand was created to deliver visible results to thinning, dulling and generally lacklustre locks, so their newest venture is the perfect extension of this ethos.
This gentle exfoliating scrub contains a blend of key ingredients, including both natural mechanical and botanical exfoliators, which work to cleanse and detox the scalp to leave your hair shiny and voluminous.
What are the Ingredients?
- Pomegranate Fruit Enzymes - Any fruit acid is brilliant at decongesting and removing dead skin cells, but pomegranate is packed with vitamins and minerals to keep the scalp and hair healthy at the same time. The enzymes work to remove build-up of product and dirt to leave your scalp clear, which aids hair growth.
- Castor Oil Beads - These naturally occurring and gentle beads have incredible anti-microbial properties that help to keep the scalp free from bacteria and impurities which could cause flaking and irritation. The result is a protected scalp that stays healthy and working efficiently to produce gorgeous hair.
- White Willow Bark Extract - Like Castor Oil Beads, White Willow Bark Extract also has anti-bacterial properties, which is why it's used across a lot of acne-focussed skincare items. On your hair and scalp, although it's a powerful ingredient, it's also incredibly gentle and helps to keep your scalp in its optimum state of health.
- Bean Bio-Ferment - This scalp treatment doesn't help to just relieve hair problems, it also helps to protect your locks. Bean Bio-Ferment works to absorb the sun's harmful UV rays and keep your hair and delicate scalp shielded against environmental aggressors. If you have coloured hair, this is essential to keep your locks looking vibrant and shiny.
- Complex of Vitamins and Minerals - To help keep your hair and scalp healthy, a blend of key vitamins and minerals have been packed into the Grow Gorgeous Scalp Detox. These help to give the scrub a boost of antioxidants to care for your delicate hair and scalp.
How do I use the Scalp Detox?
Like any other pre-shampoo treatment, the Grow Gorgeous Scalp Detox is to be used before cleansing the hair for optimal results.
- Wet your hair (but before shampooing!), and scoop out a generous amount of the Scalp Detox.
- As the mixture is quite thick, it needs to be rubbed between your hands to warm up slightly and make it easier to work with.
- Massage the product through your hair, working up to your scalp where you want the majority of the product to be.
- Massage the product into your scalp in circular motions, and leave on your hair for a few minutes.
- Rinse your hair, and then cleanse and condition as normal.