With the current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) around the world, it’s important now more than ever, to keep ourselves clean, safe and protected. Whether you’re on your daily commute, in work, at home or in a restaurant, the best way to stay safe is to make sure your hands are always clean. Whilst this may seem like common knowledge, germs can easily spread after we sneeze or cough, and transfer onto everyday objects like door handles and light switches.
To help you stay safe, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to keeping your hands clean – whether you’re at home or on-the-go…
Step One: Hand Wash
For best hygiene practice, wash your hands before and after eating, after you sneeze or cough, after using public facilities and before and after you apply makeup or face moisturiser. The NHS recommend washing your hands for around 20 seconds in the following way:
- Wet your hands under warm running water.
- Apply a small amount of liquid soap to your hands.
- Rub your hands together vigorously, ensuring you massage the soap into your palms, between your fingers, nails and wrists.
- Rinse your hands under warm running water.
- Dry your hands thoroughly using disposable paper towels.
- Turn the tap off using the paper towel or your elbow, to avoid recontaminating your hands.
It’s also advised to carry hand sanitiser, especially if you travel on public transport or work in a shared office space. We’ve selected our favourite hand wash and soaps to keep your hands super clean and smelling fresh, including brands such as ESPA, Jo Malone, Rituals and Molton Brown. For a touch of luxury, the Aveda Rosemary Mint Hand & Body Wash will gently cleanse the skin of impurities, whilst keeping hands soft and refreshed.