When it comes to talking about sunscreen, there's no one more qualified to give advice than Dr. Marko Lens, founder of Zelens Skincare.
As a qualified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Marko Lens is a leading authority in the world of skin ageing and skin cancers, meaning he's serious when it comes to protecting skin with sunscreen. As a result, his skincare brand Zelens has been created with high-quality formulas to keep your skin as healthy as it can be against environmental aggressors.
Why Sunscreen is Important
It's an age-old piece of advice, which if we're being honest, most of us don't always adhere to, but wearing sunscreen is absolutely imperative to keeping your skin youthful and protected. UV damage is one of the leading causes of accelerated skin ageing and cancer, meaning that it's incredibly important we do what we can to prevent it from happening.
Sunscreen works by either blocking or reflecting the UV light from the sun, depending on whether it's mineral or chemical based. Neither one is better than the other, as they both work to shield against the damaging rays, so no matter which you choose, they will keep your skin protected and healthy.
- Sunscreen helps to prevent the possibility of skin cancer.
- It aids in reducing the appearance of dark spots and discolouration that can appear as a result of UV rays.
- It helps to reduce redness and blotchiness from the sun and heat.
- It keeps the skin looking youthful by slowing down the ageing process.
- It keeps your complexion glowing and healthy!
We caught up with Dr. Marko Lens to ask him a few questions about sunscreen and learn more about how we can keep our skin protected in the sun.
The Zelens Sunscreen Products
A Q&A with Dr. Marko Lens
- Q What does SPF mean and what are the different factors?
- Q How many times per day do you need to top up your SPF?
- Q Just how important is sunscreen?
- Q Should you use a separate sun cream to your face than your body?
- Q Is mineral or chemical sunscreen better for the skin?
- Q What do the sun acronyms mean?
- Q What makes Zelens different from other brands when it comes to suncare?
- Q What is the best skincare routine to use after wearing sun cream all day?