Men's haircare is about more than just a wash and go style. Male grooming is becoming a huge industry, with more and more creativity going into men's hairstyles. We sat down with Antony Rawlings to find out more.
Born and bred in North London, Antony studied at Central St Martins School of Art before his hairdressing career kicked off.
He is now the Styling Expert for Redken and with over a decades experience in the industry, his career has taken him all over the world teaching and styling hair.
He’s been a regular backstage at London and Milan fashion weeks and his work has featured in the pages of HJ Creative Head and other industry leading magazines.
His simple and easy approach to hair is reflected in his education style and his passion for Redken shows in everything he does.
- Q What hair product is your go-to styling product?
- A I would definitely choose the Redken for Men Maneuver Wax, it is very versatile therefore great for all hair lengths.
- Q What is your favourite male hair trend of the season?
- A For me, it is men losing the man bun- but still embracing more length than they had before.
- Q Who is your fashion and grooming icon?
- A David Gandy for effortless style and classic cut or Harry Styles for that more edgy, Jagger feel and again embracing more length. At my age I'm edging more towards Dermot O’Leary and classic looks, and moving away from anything too ‘razored’, although Cillian Murphey would be someone I’d make an exception for!
- Q What are your haircare must-haves this Autumn?
- Q Do you have a secret haircare styling tip you can share with us?
- A Why treat men's hair different to women's when styling? We need to apply product to damp hair and then blow-dry in to maximise its effectiveness. Finish off a style with only a little more product, that way you should never overload.
Discover many more haircare and styling products from Redken for Men here.